A.I. Gigapixel New Kid needs advice PLEASE

Hi, I downloaded the latest version of the software and activated as TRIAL everything worked well until I tried to auto save an image after I had used the software to make a couple of adjustments the program would not let me do so but I did get an image saved by manual telling where to save Thankyou, Russ.

Hi, Thankyou for the reply. The image has not been changed before hand, I loaded into AIG as a RAW file, resized it by 400 then still in AIG used the option to adjust and slightly crop the the AIG result but get a message something like Oops something has gone wrong cannot save image. Thankyou, Russ.

I AM USING AIG ON FILES THAT WERE PREVIOUSLY WORKED ON IN PSHOP----WHEN I CONVERT TO JPG AND PUT THE IN AIG I USUALLY WANT TO PROCESS THEM UP TO 24" X 35" AND WHEN I INPUT THE NUMBERS AND RUN THE PROGRAM I GET AN IMAGE THAT IS 125 " —what is happening here and why???

Not true @joe.Bejm. There are many visually impaired folks that need to use caps.

1 Like

Back in the day that used to be true @joe.Bejm. It is an old rule that has evolved and expanded to accommodate folks with certain visual disabilities for which your suggestions don’t work. It can still be used to scream, and can ALSO be used for emphasis as in the initial post.

1 Like

Reading your description is sounds like you used AI Gigapixel to adjust and crop then image but it has no options for that. I resized a Sony RAW file (ARW) by 200% which saved as a jpeg, then brought it inot Affinity Photo and there was no problem with adjusting it. However it is poor work flow to resize a RAW file first, then adjust. Always develop and adjust first, then resize the jpeg or tiff file.

I’m hoping someone can help…I’m new here,… Have AI Gigapixel… System will take ether height or width not both! Entering one value it defaults to its own, such that, if I select the width it selects the height in the output… Any help?
Peter

Hi Russ,

Can you provide a little more information as there is no option to auto-save using GigaPixel. Typically you would set up a image to be processed and then specify where it is to be saved after it is processed.

Regards, Don

Hi Peter,

Using Width or Height or Scale are the only options. This is to make sure that the proportions are maintained, you are saying that if you select Width and enter a value it will select the Height in the output.

Could you please post a screenshot of the application after you have opened the Image and entered the dimension you wish to change. Just need to PrintScreen and then paste here.

Don.

I’m nt sure how to do a screen shot on a MAC…
So, I selected a size of 20 height and 24 width at 300… The program tells me it is outputting the image 9000 x 6000 at 300 ( he size shows up to the right of the imported image). Sure enough, it retains the 20 x 24 I selected… However, I drop it into photoshop to confirm the size and it shows up as 20 x 30 at 300. Not the 20 x 24 I asked for!

Peter Gonzalez

That is probably because the image won’t fit in 20x24 without stretching, the best you can do is to crop it first to a multiple of 20 x 24.

BTW Don’t attach a return email address to a reply as this is a public forum and anyone can see it.

https://i.redd.it/e3lwwhfi6od21.jpg

Are these bug or hidden watermark? odd white line artifact. I’m upscaling 1080p sequance picture to 4k using free trial AI gigapixel.

I’ll bring this to the attention of the developers, it certainly isn’t a hidden watermark. Can you tell me if you use After Effects also please.

If you can, could you post the original 1080p frame so we could have a look at it.