At Peggy's Cove

HSL for colour splash effect plus a couple of Impression adjustments.

Original

10 Likes

I must say I love the composition and the colors in the original …

2 Likes

I like your results because I find the colors in the bottom foreground of the original distracting and takes the eye away from the water, houses and sky (but the original is a very beautiful image overall).

Maybe I would have cropped out the bottom foreground if I wanted to use it as a color image?

1 Like

It’s a great looking scene…i love how you brought this image to life with your processing.

1 Like

Tranquil and beautiful …

1 Like

I think I would like the processed image better without the foreground because, basically, I couldn’t figure out what it was. My first impression was “ice”. The processed image cropped landscape. without foreground is beautiful. The original, as is, is gorgeous.

3 Likes

First of all a great capture. I like the original and the edited version. I admit though that the ropes in the original ‘disturb’ the eye a bit. How about desaturate that part of the original.

2 Likes

I like both the original and processed - and interesting discussion

2 Likes

Every time I see images of Peggy’s Cove, I check out AirBnB and think about planning a photo trip there. It looks like a very interesting area to explore.

I sometimes think that with all the new features available in Studio we tending to move too far away from photography and into the world of art. Having said that, I like both your original and what you have cleverly done with it.

1 Like