Ability to Set zoom levels in Studio

One of the best improvements to Studio, IMO, would be to allow specific zoom levels: 25%, 50%, and 75%, in addition to the already present “fit” and 100%. Many times I like to do final output sharpening at 50% zoom and there is no way that I’m aware of to get exactly that zoom level. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Thank you.

Alan, use your mouse zooming wheel. It will take you up in increments. Just look at the tool bar at the top left and it will tell you at what percentage you are zoomed in.

I tried using the mouse zooming wheel and, at least with my mouse, I still can’t reach exact percentages. I tried zooming in from fit, and zooming out from 100%. I hit zoom percentages such as 78.6%, 50.4%, etc. The reason I’d like to have exact zoom levels is Adobe’s fault. They have stated that in PS, odd percentages zoom levels will not provide a fully accurate representation of the pixels. I have no way of proving or disproving this, but it’s something I’ve always adhered to for the past 20 years of using PS; it makes sense to me! I guess I’ll just use 100% for sharpening and learn to judge final sharpening at that zoom level. That said, I honestly don’t know why Topaz doesn’t offer specific zoom levels when every other piece of image editing software I’m aware of does.

That is (or at least was) correct. Deke McClelland did a video where he demonstrated this with one big square divided into four smaller ones (two black and two white). The divisions between them were sharply defined at 12.5%, 25%, 50%, 100%, 200% etc. but noticeably blurred at any intermediate setting. Whether this makes any real difference is probably debatable but that’s how it was - and may still be.

Yeah, I have no idea whether exact zoom levels make any difference with today’s software, but, to my mind, why question it? How hard would it be to include exact zoom levels in Studio?