AI Clear - saved results don't match preview

I’m a long-time user of various Topaz plugins; today I added AI Clear. The results I see when I save back to photoshop do not match what I see in the preview window.

Consider this crop of a picture taken at high ISO in a very poorly lit dance rehearsal.

Here’s what it looks like in the preview window of Topaz Studio, with HD enabled

And here’s what it looks like when I export it to Photoshop, or save it as a TIFF

Now, this is significantly noise-reduced from the original…

but if it was possible to get something closer to the preview that would be great…

I believe it’s a known but when using studio through Photoshop. Hopefully fixed soon.

Shouldn’t be an issue if you use the studio standalone.

Hi,

Firstly make sure you are using Topaz Studio 1.12.6, if not perform a check for software updates and update to the latest.

Try using the settings you see in this screenshot as I think what you are seeing is artifacting from excessive detail recovery and sharpness enhancement:

The image I used here is a very dark ISO12800 shot as a JPEG where you can see the before and then the after in PS CS 6 …

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions. I did some playing, and I think that part of the problem was that Adobe Camera Raw was doing some processing on import. By removing that altogether, then dropping the detail recovery down to 0.0, I was able to get much better results.

2 Likes