AI gigapixel batch processing

hi to all!

1. is it possible to run Gigapixel AI (not “For Video”) in command line mode, running from cmd.exe?
  2. where can i read documentation about gigapixel’s command line parameters?
  3. is it possible to auto-run gigapixel ai processing with cmd.exe command line?
  4. is it possible to import images list from command line (txt file or another type) to gigapixel and auto-start processing?

thanks!

2 Likes

Hey guys, need to warm up this thread. I am also using Gigapixel on a set of several ten thousand images and I see the same behaviour as OP: When I drop a folder into the UI, the loading process starts relatively fast, so that the first, say, 1000 images are loaded within a matter of seconds. However, this becomes slower and slower over time. I just tried to load 40000 images and I when there were 20000 loaded in the UI, the process became so slow that it was just not feasible to continue waiting anymore.

Has there been a solution to this problem in the meantime? Usually my images only take a second or so to process, but when I’d like to leave several ten thousand to be processed over the weekend, I just can’t simply because the loading process takes just as long as the upscaling. :confused:

EDIT: I tried this also with DeNoise AI and there all files load instantly. So I guess there is a framework available that loads the files much more efficiently.

1 Like

I know what you mean. Maybe process only several thousand at a time? :slight_smile:

That does not really help if I want to let it run over the weekend for instance. :confused:

I know. :frowning:

Well, here’s to hoping they will someday include a command line interface, or use the same loading framework as for the other tools. :confused:

1 Like

I just tried , from DVD SOurce, QTGMC > AI Video Gigapixel (no upscale) > PNG 8 bit source, then Gigapixel AI on PNG 8 bit source to 2x size, then ffmpeg to combine the frames, the result is WAY better than anything video enhance ai can do on its own.

So why the hell cant we get a cmd / proper batch interface for gigapixel ai? The gui becomes absolutely useless when you try to process anything above 10.000 frames, and the videos i work with have at least 100.000 frames. It becomes a cumbersome job to do these things, a commandline interface where i could just tell gigapixel to run on all the png files inside a directory without having to add them via the gui would be great.

edit: appears drag dropping doesnt work but adding the frames via “open” and then shift select has a better chance of adding 100k + images, which is great! hope to see a cli for the future though!

1 Like

It’s possible that you are running out of memory, and using virtual memory (or getting close to the ceiling).

That would cause a big slowdown.

Instead of using still-frames in Topaz (if it slows you down), just use Virtual Dub to ‘convert’ all those still-frames into an uncompressed AVI-video.

If you have the harddrive-space for all the stills, you shouldn’t have any issue using an uncompressed AVI.

And then Topaz will be happy getting a single video-file, where all the individual image-frames in the video are just as ‘clean’ as PNG or TIF files (In Virtual Dub just make sure you use RGB when you set color-space, then you are basically working with the exact same quality as PNG or TIF, except in a video instead of thousands of picture-files)