And They Are Off

my grand-nephew ready to start the 1500m for the University of Maryland Track Team - he is in lane 4

12 Likes

Great capture, very creative processing!

2 Likes

thanks, Ken - was supposed to me my version of LeRoy Neiman, but I don’t think that I took it far enough

1 Like

I think you did a very nice job.

I like his style, but I think it is very hard to copy using software, he has almost abstract look, and does interesting things with perspectives. I know @BobKramer really likes his works, too.

1 Like

yes, I had looked at that image and decided that it would take a very large number of layers, or a very special combination of images in AI Style Fusion. I may try the latter approach when I have a bit of time this weekend

1 Like

I haven’t downloaded the new software from Topaz so I would love to see if it can produce a neiman look…

1 Like

@KenKv and @BobKramer - I tried copying my Studio image from above then blended it with the original using hard mix at about 50% and got the attached, which implies to me that with sufficient effort one could get Nieman-like images.

1 Like

Very cool technique! I think the sky does not look right - too white - but you could crop before skyline or try to make sky much more colorful.

thanks Ken, and I agree about the - will work on it tomorrow

1 Like

@KenKv - here is about a 30 second try at mixing ReMix with the sky, and it show me that it can be done, so I’ll improve it tomorrow

1 Like