Can't even log-in to Topaz Studio

Hi Don,

I’ve uninstalled the files you indicated, made the NVidia card the default processor and then installed the 1.5.3 version of the Studio – this 1.5.3 version is working properly. However, I am not able to update the program, when I check on updates it tells me updates are available – clicking on this brings up the Maintain Topaz Studio with update components checked and then a no updates available message. No indication of new versions of the software.

If you refer to Joe Fredric’s post above he advises to wait for the update that will fix the login problem, hopefully it will be soon.

We’ve released update 1.6.11. Please head to the downloads page, download the installer, and install over 1.6.10:

http://web.topazlabs.com/downloads

Thanks to all the Topaz team !
Everything works perfectly with this new update !
Kind regards from Corsica
Jb

Sorry I haven’t been here. Christmas and New Year’s holidays plus a nasty flu bug have kept me from doing much of anything. I thank everyone who has contributed their experiences with this problem. Thanks to Topaz for working on a fix. I ended up uninstalling 1.6.10 and installing 1.53 which worked the way it should. I’ll try 1.6.11 and see if it works for me. Thanks, again.

For the record:
AMD-FX 8150 Eight Core Processor
32 GB DDR3 G.Skill Memory
GeForce GTX 970 4GB Driver v. 388.13

Works beautifully! Thank you!