Check for Content Updates Studio v1.12

Just upgraded to v1.12 from v1.11.8. After upgrading (process getting much, BTW, I didn’t have to uninstall & re-install – kudos), I would also check for Adjustment Updates (I think? whatever the option was immediately above the software update check). Now I see the option “Check for Content Updates”. Apparently, I’m having a brain fa-- er, brain freeze. I don’t know what that option entails.

I never use the Effects Panel, so I hope they’re not being updated.

So, what exactly is happening during the “Check for Content Updates”? I have licenses for all the original Topaz plug-ins, plus a couple of the new ones. Obviously, I want those to be updated whenever updates are available.

And I can’t find anything to help me decide if I want to “Move Downloaded Resource Files”. What is that option for?

Thanks for any clarification,

–George

1 Like

If you click on that option you will get a pop up explaining its purpose and how to use it. In my case I moved the resource files from a woefully small C:\ Drive to my much larger D:\ drive.

1 Like

Thanks Larry. I’m a little gun-shy when it comes to clicking a button when I’m not sure what it will do.

–George

1 Like

This option updates and synchronizes all content for the application. E.G. presets, adjustments, textures, brushes etc.

1 Like

Okay. Thanks, Don.

–George