Garlic chives

Testing out a cheap Hoya +3 close-up filter.
Some clarity and colour adjustments in Topaz.

11 Likes

Lovely image. Just one thing I find a little confusing, is this the right way up? The stem coming out of the top is playing with my mind.

Nice image. How do you like the closeup filters? I’m thinking about getting a couple myself for flower images. Looks like they produce plenty of detail and sharpness.

I grow these in my garden too. I suspect that’s another, taller, flower stalk that happens to be coming up from below. Mine make multiple flower clusters per plant of varying heights from a foot or so to twice that high or more. They’re a tasty addition to salads and go well with onion chives.

@ScottO[quote=“ScottO, post:3, topic:7526”]
I suspect that’s another, taller, flower stalk that happens to be coming up from below.
[/quote]

Ahhh! That makes good sense now. And it makes me hungry. Cheers.

You’re right Scott. Its a shorter stem amongst longer ones but you got me thinking too for a moment. I started growing them to eat but find the flowers a real bonus - so pretty.

I only have the one filter at the moment but it was very cheap (£2.75 used on ebay) so I’m not expecting too much from it. I used to have a dedicated macro lens on my last camera and found a close-up filter on top gave some very good results. I’ve only used this one once so only time will tell. No doubt I will post more of the results soon :slight_smile:

the result is by no means cheap. Nice!

Beautiful closeup, very impressive results from the screw on filter