Gigapixel 7.0.0

Indeed I do! :wink:

2 Likes

Very cute result!!! Thx.

1 Like

I have this configuration and TPAI work with GPU fine.

Nice Colorize AI. Is it a new Topaz top secret project? :smiley:

That would be a nice addition to the AI, right! But this was done in PS.

Add me to the list. Gigapixel worked fine, an update was required, now won’t load. I have a GTX 4060 with 8GB of memory so Topaz, no, this is not a hardware issue. Again, worked before the update was pushed…

1 Like

Add me to the list as well - been using all Topaz products, including Gigapixel up to yesterday, on a very capable PC. Ran the update and now the program will NOT open, either normally or as Administrator. This is a major issue Topaz, get it fixed. Your products are great but this update has a major issue.

1 Like

I’m in same boat - worked fine until I just updated now will not open

1 Like

I’ve just installed the new version (I’m an owner of 6.3.3). installation was fine but the program does not start. I ran the repair installation program, it was also good, no error message, but the program still not start. Can you advise?

1 Like

Same Issue here.
Intel Core i7 4770K 3.5GHz
32GB RAM
AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900 Series
Windows 10 Pro 22H2

1 Like

This is because your original file size is too large for Face Models, if you resize your photo to 50%, it will recover the face.

3 Likes

The option to ‘preserve’ the bit depth of source images does not seem to honoured. Any 8-bit images are saved as 16-bit, unless 8-bit is selected in the save dialogue.

Interesting, thank you very much for checking it :smile:

But still that should not be the issue - I mean, I have to operate on such big files. In my workflow I usually scan it, clear and retouch it (easier is to do this, having bigger size + better resolution) and then at the end rescale it + sharpen it as final step. This should not be limited to a much smaller input size like 300 pix just to resize it into 600 pix :slightly_frowning_face: in 6.8 it always worked perfectly like this, 7.0 limit is too much a bit.

I think I will wait until next update, I’m not able to resize all over 200+ files just to fix this issue in newest update :slightly_frowning_face: but thank you for checking it! I appreciate that a lot :smile:

I don’t think Topaz will update this issue, and they don’t think this is an issue, because
Recovery face usually recover those low-resolution faces, Modern photoes are very
large, we should turn off the recover-face method, otherwise, the face become blurred.
7.00 is much better than 6.1, howerer 6.3 with serious bug! I hope Topaz make
the Face -recover better at next update, eg. the hair is not good enough, some
times, the new face is too smooth, if we crop a picture with human’s face, the new
face may becoming very strange!

1 Like

I found a bug with the new software update. And with the very first image I give it hahaha :joy:.
This is a task artifact bug only with the Standard V2 model.
I’ve circled the areas concerned

However, if I activate gamma correction, the bug is solved. Tasks disappear.

Yes, I noticed that my first 8 bit TIF file was output after upsizing as a 16 bit TIF. I had to go to the TIF section of the output options and select 8 bit as the option in there and then ‘Preserve’ respects the input of all 8 bit files going forward

But that should be considered as issue.

Because most old photography retouchers must or scan photos (not very recommended if there are very old ones), or take a photo of the old photo. Photo from the camera is like 4000x6000px size.

So, basically, I would need to take a photo, then retouch it, next downsize it drastically just to fix it in 7.0 Gigapixel requirements, and then resize it back and back to retouch again? This is just literally impossible.

This is basically downgrade. That should be fixed.

Though I hope soon Topaz will make available hair and clothes sharpening tool too.

:roll_eyes: when i see that people use and compare the software with automatic settings mode with the two new models.

1 Like

Tried to update from 6.3.3 to 7.0. Windows 10 with latest updates. Now Gigapixel won’t open at all. Nothing happens when I double click the icon. Tried to repair 7.0, got an error. Removed program and tried a fresh install. Same problem. Obviously this release is not ready for prime time.

Solutions?

1 Like

There are comments above about where to delete folders and mess with registries, if you’re so inclined.

I am holding off until there’s a Win installer that doesn’t require that. I’m not a techie & won’t fool around with my registry…

2 Likes