Gigapixel AI 4.0.0 Stripping EXIF Information

Have just updated Gigapixel AI to 4.0.0 to find that it is stripping Exif data.

With JPG oujtput format, Lens Model, White Balance and Flash Bias information is being stripped.

With TIFF output format, its much worse - only the camera make and model information are left

Can anyone else confirm this is happening?

Intel i7-2600 CPU, 16GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Gigabyte GXT 1050ti 4GB

Yes, I can confirm! This is happening to me too with TIF files in 4.0.0! Also, the thumbnail of the saved image in File Explorer is overly saturated. When I check the color profile in Affinity Photo, it says that the color profile is " sRGB black scaled ". Shouldn’t it be just sRGB? Exporting to JPG seems to work fine.

Thank you. I will submit a ticket later today.

I use ExifTool to check Exif Details. It shows the ColorSpace of my ex camera test JPG photo source file as sRGB which matches the color space set in the Sony SLT-A57 camera, and it shows the ColorSpace of the Gigapixel AI processed TIFF output file (Compression NONE) also as being sRGB. It also show the ColorSpace of the Gigapixel AI processed JPG output file as sRGB.

My Affinity Photo (Version 1.6.5.123) has its RGB workspace profile set to sRGB IEC61966-2.1.
If set to NOT convert opened files to working space, then it shows both the original source JPG, and the Gigapixel AI processed JPG files as sRGB IEC61966-2.1.

Interestingly though, when I open the Gigapixel AI processed TIFF file in Affinity, it warns that it has assigned the working profile to what it sees as an unprofiled document.

I’m not sure quite what to make of that at the moment.

In this version there was a major update to TIFF and JPG output. That update is continuing and we are working through issues like these expanding the metadata. I sent your information over to the engineers in charge of the output layers and they are looking into your results.

3 Likes

OK, ticket 171258 has been raised.

In regards to the issue of the saturation of the thumbnails as shown in Windows file explorer as raised by svetlina_design, I’m finding that there is a variation between the thumbnails for a compression = none TIFF file, and those for compression = LZW, and compression = Zip TIFF files.

The images themselves look to be identical when opened in various viewers.

1 Like

Also GPS info disappeares when saving from Gigapixel AI 4.0! And new version does not save to the source folder, it is using Windows standard /Pictures folder instead…

It defaults there for the first use, but once you change it in the right hand panel it’s sticky, i.e. it selects whatever you used last.

1 Like

The sRGB IEC61966-2-1 black scaled is simply a sRGB IEC61966-2-1 profile with 0 Black values.

2 Likes

Wondered what that was…thanks Don!

Both Gigapixel and sharpen AI strip ALL metadata. All titles/keywords/descriptions are stripped and I have to sync settings in order to be able to upload to my art website. Before I was using sharpen AI as a stand alone and not as a plugin in LR and this mean I had to open in Bridge and add all the info back in.

Please stop stripping exif/meta data when working with either of these plugins. thanks…