Topaz in danger of losing me as customer because of this

I am aware that this may only be a user to user forum and no one from Topaz looks in here (stupid as that is) so I have sent this as an email to Topaz but I also wanted to share my thoughts with other users as I am interested to hear your thoughts on this.

So Topaz are in danger of losing me as a customer if they don’t stop this.

When I buy a car, after the first year, every time I get in the car it does not pop a message up on the dashboard when I start the ignition, asking me if I would like to upgrade my car to the newest version. I drive the car until I’m interested in changing my car. (most importantly if I’m interested I have no problem with the car manufacturer sending me an email every so often to tell me about new models that have been released) But I sure as hell do not want a message popping up on the dashboard every time I start the car forcing me to have to waste time trying to dismiss the thing and interrupting my drive (aka workflow (which might be time critical))

When I buy a TV, after the first year, every time I switch the tv on I do not want a message popping up on the tv screen asking me if I would like to upgrade to the latest tv model… and then I have to find the button to dismiss the message… all the while when I was trying to catch a news broadcast on the channel but now I’ve missed it because I was spending time trying to get rid of the nag message on the screen. I have not problem with the manufacturer sending me emails every so often telling me about new models I may be interested in.

Likewise when I buy a microwave…

Likewise when I buy a laptop…

Likewise when I buy a camera…

Likewise when I buy a phone…

Likewise when I buy any other product at all that I can think of, no other manufacturer, product supplier, that I can think of, is so arrogant as to think it is reasonable to interrupt my workflow to the extent that actually have to stop and take some other action, not of my doing, in order that I can carry on doing my work!

Please stop with the nag messages on your software. It is so incredibly arrogant and intrusive on you to display this message and instead of making me want to upgrade it is making me want to stop using your software and use a competitor instead.

By all means send me emails every so often letting me know about updates/improvements but stopping intruding on my workflow or I will go elsewhere.

I’ll bet I’m not alone in thinking this.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ongoing product value and paid upgrades