Gotcha!

Capture One Pro, Topaz Studio Basic, B&W, masking

12 Likes

Like that you made the bkgd B&W to bring out the colors and details of the sculpture grabbing the human… nice shot.

1 Like

very nicely done - where is this, and who is the artist who did the statue/sculpture - she or he did a nice job too

1 Like

Nice composition and B&W conversion …

Very interesting work, nice capture and processing.

Thank you @cre8art , @FlickColeman , @AiDon , @KenKv for your kind comments!
Flick, to answer your questions: This is a close up of the Fastnacht fountain in OffenburgGermany (one of my hometowns). The fountain (see picture) was created by Willi Dorn a local artist. The figures are witches and Spaettle. Witches during Fastnacht are always men and normally are ‘wearing a frown’, Spaettle are always women and have a friendly face. The Swabian-Alemannic Fastnacht has a very long tradition and goes back to the 15th century. It is very different from carnival… The close up photo here shows a ‘spaettle’ . I will also post a ‘witch’ close up. The whole tradition is hard to explain in a few words. Fastnacht in Offenburg always starts on a Thursday morning (normally in February) at six am right there at the fountain.It will end the Tuesday evening after with the ‘burning of witches’. The whole tradition has to do with chasing away the winter. If you are interested to know more read this on Wikipedia: Swabian-Alemannic Fastnacht - Wikipedia

2 Likes

Thanks for the other photo and explanation/link - very interesting!

2 Likes

thanks very much, Peter - I have heard of Fastnacht, but never knew any of the details

1 Like