Guess what this is ...? ... @ 1.2x magnification

M50, 28mm f/3.5 MACRO @ 1/1.2 just a JPEG OOC, cropped.

Amazing clarity and sharpness from a Canon Mirrorless with a macro lens. View at full size and be amazed … shot handheld because with the mirrorless cameras you can use SERVO focus mode to correct the movement.

16 Likes

Mirrorless is the future, do you think?

1 Like

View at full size and be amazed - ABSOLUTELY!!

1 Like

Incredible detail. And those wonderful colors from the light hitting the wings!

1 Like

I think that the focus, a combination of dual pixel and contrast based, is simply superb. This particular shot was at about 3cm and handheld using servo shot mode so I didn’t have to worry about either movement or shake.

It is a superb camera & lens combo for macro shots.

Outstanding, Don - Canon owes you for several sales.

1 Like

I have so much invested in my DSLR kit I cannot see replacing it. The new mirrorless lenses look great, however, to replace my glass that ranges from 14-500 mm and a new Full Frame body would be an expensive proposition.

What I am thinking about getting is the Sony RX100 MK VI or something like it. This looks like a great lightweight camera that I would use when I do not want any real additional bulk or weight.

1 Like

I decided last year to trim down my larger, heavier dslr lenses and bought a Lumix DMC FZ-2000, similar to the Sony and uses the same Sony 1 inch sensor. It’s a great little camera and the zoom is huge. I’ve still got my Nikon D750 and a handful of must-have lenses (particularly ultr-wide and macro) but I don’t expect to replace it and it stays mostly indoors on the tripod nowadays.

1 Like

Great work Don …

1 Like

Outstanding capture.

1 Like

Incredible !!

1 Like

Looks good with a lot of detail. I’ve been using a mirrorless Sony SLT-A55 camera for about 8 years. I doubt I will ever get a new one, if this keeps working, but if I do it will be another Sony so my lenses fit.

1 Like

john811John B
You joking by buying the Sony RX100 MK VI which has a fixed lens. It is a good camera but fixed lens.
You did not said what brand lenses you have but if you get Sony then with adapter you can use any Canon lenses.
If Nikon then No.
Sony is good with other brand lenses

1 Like

The Canon mirrorless cameras allow you use existing lenses, both FF & APS-C, with a simple adaptor that extends the distance of the lens to the sensor by 36.5mm and allows you to use any EF and EF-S lenses on the M system.

I believe that the new Nikon mirrorless has the same type of adaptor.

Wonderful capture!

Is it a stuffed animal?

1 Like

No, it is a part of a Kangaroo Paw flower with a insect, (unknown) about 5mm long, there.

1 Like

The clarity is fantastic…well done.

Yes I know the Sony RX100 has a permanently mounted lens. That is what I would like for quick shots without all the gear. I currently have a Nikon D90 and a D750.

Great camera. No need to upgrade! I am shooting with an A99 now but when I look back at my A57 pics I am just as happy with most of them. And with DeNoise, who needs a full frame anyway!

It has lost the ability to remember the date and time but otherwise still works. Also, with Gigapixel AI I can make larger pictures if needed but that is rare.

1 Like