Horse workmates

Playing with multiple layering in Topaz again… Started with AI Remix Desert Mirage to render the horses painterly.
Then went back to the original and did a Da Vinci sketch with a stronger canvas colour and increasing the visible texture.
Dragged the AI Remix image over this Da Vinci image as an image layer. Using masking, I brought through the horses and left the background as the Da Vinci one.
It wasnt defined enough so I then did a Fine marker sketch of the original, thickened the edges; removing fine lines etc so it was a sharp a black and white set of lines as possible.
I then dragged that Fine Marker sketch over where I had got to with the others. I set this layer to Multiply so only the black showed, and the white disappeared. Using a mask on this layer I selectively added lines from this here and there.
The background needed something more, so I then added a Texture layer from the Topaz choices. Again with masking I removed it where it covered the horses and left it in the background for some extra grit.

9 Likes

Great work and very clear, helpful illustration of your workflow. Very inspiring!

2 Likes

Thanks for the enthusiastic feedback. Glad you are inspired to take your own direction from something there.

2 Likes