Point Monroe, Bainbridge Island

This is a rendering I cobbled together while I was giving thought to how my “art” might take a left hand turn after settling back in the Pacific Northwest.

12 Likes

S’nice.

Hey Doug, I think the artwork is good but the texture overwhelms it.

Very nice image and processing.
I agree with Ron @Artisan-West about the texture. If you bring the opacity down it will be perfect IMHO

@CabanaBoy This is about 2 miles from my childhood home. I remember spending many days at Fay Bainbridge State Park next to the Point. To this day I remember a tiny store as you entered before the first house where we got treats if we had any extra cash.

Hi John,

Thanks for the note. Yes, we are moving back to the PNW. We have a small beach cottage rented on Point Monroe until we can find a place to purchase. I’m quite sure it will take a while to get adjusted to the climate. But I like the idea of being able to walk onto the Bainbridge Ferry and be in Seattle in 30 minutes where you can walk to pretty much any venue you might be interested it. There is no way I’m driving in Seattle.

I especially like the colors. This definitely looks different from the sunny hawaii atmosphere