I would suggest you set your default GPU as the NVIDIA GPU by following these instructions, note that products that behave properly and don't need the NVIDIA will select the integrated GPU, products such as word processors etc. Here are the instructions and a screen shot of the NVIDIA Control Panel:
Open the Control Panel, either by typing Control Panel in the Cortana box where it says "Ask me anything" or the same box which will have "Search Windows" if Cortana isn't activated
- Select Hardware & Sound
- Select NVIDIA Control Panel
- In the left pane, make sure Manage 3D Settings is selected
- In the Right Pane select High-performance NVIDIA Processor from the "Preferred graphics processor:" drop-down list
- Click the Apply button in the bottom right hand corner.
- Then exit from the control panel.
Impression will run OK now as you have 2 GPU's on your system of which the Intel HD Graphics is the default and it has insufficient memory to run graphics intensive applications that the NVIDIA, your other GPU, can. This selection will also improve the performance of other applications like Texture Effects, Studio & Glow, Photoshop or any RAW processors like Lightroom, Capture One etc., that you may have installed.
NOTE: You can select individual programs from the second panel (Program Settings) where you can allocate the NVIDIA GPU to selected apps rather than as the default.