Joshua Tree in BW

Taken in Joshua Tree National Park, California.

Processed with Topaz Studio BW, Tone Curves (with built in luminosity masking), and Basic Adjustments

14 Likes

Love the image and the treatment …not sure about having the tree right in the middle of the image though.

Very nice B&W results.

Thank you very much for the very nice comments, @BobKramer and @cre8art, I appreciate them very much!

I know some people do not like that. I love Joshua trees and have a lot of photos of them! : )

Here is one taken on the same day, processed in a similar way (the sunset and lens halos are real)

2 Likes

I like the composition on this one better Ken …

Very nice B&W conversion and light.

Thank you very much, @BobKramer and @Laundromat, I am glad you like the second image!

Getting in an Ansel A. frame of mind. B&W works really well.

Thank you very much for the very nice comment, @Michigander, I love Ansel’s work, too!

Ken, I like the development of the first picture and maybe moving it a bit off center might help but its still a good shot. I’ve been to JT a few times but I bet its blazing hot there now, great for a picnic in early spring but I live too far away now.

Thank you very much for the feedback, @Artisan-West, I will think about that when I shoot again! It is a great park to visit, but I live pretty far away from California, too.