gorgeous simplicity

2 Likes

Lovely work …

1 Like

This is very nice!

1 Like

Simple and effective image

1 Like

I agree with Sharron… it’s beautifully done!

1 Like

Beautiful and very artistically captured and processed.

1 Like

Super capture …

1 Like

I wanted to pop this in after I added some more saturation to the back ground. What do you think?

Very nice!

1 Like

Both are nice but I prefer the original as the leaf is the focal point. The extra saturation in background of the second one is competing for attention.

Believe it or not, I think I’d even like the leaf on a snowy background and you all know how I feel about snow.

2 Likes

Less is more, and who can forget how many of these we saw laying around before winter. I like your first rendition best as I think the green contrast of the second one steals from the simplicity you captured so nicely. Terrifically presented!

1 Like

Thank you all for your comments and constructive critiquing. Much appreciated. I am starting to side with the last two comments.

1 Like

Hi Michigander,
Could you say a little about how you set up this shot with its excellent background, shadow and lighting.
I love the way it looks as if its about to blow away

1 Like

It was sitting on a white piece of paper with diffused window light coming from the right. White paper background does give bounce for the highlights. I angled the leaf to catch the brightest light bouncing off the background to give translucent effect. The color on the background was added in Studio. It did brighten shadows in Photoshop to help the translucence. After some thought I do like the one without the color best.

Thanks Michigander, very useful info. Photo 1 best by a mile.

1 Like

Absolutely stunning photo and with accurate color. This is the exact color of the leaf of fall. Really amazing, the details came out like really good.