My version of

spinach-peppermint soup with tomato and roasted pine seeds relish.
Capture One Pro, Topaz Studio basic adjustment and focal blur.

7 Likes

Great photo, but I would pass …

1 Like

I like spinach but I’ll have to think about the peppermint. I love the color (green w/blue), brightness and sharpness.

1 Like

Great capture, very nice colors and perspective.

1 Like

I normally shy away from commenting on food type shots, but this seemed to elevated things a bit. Rigid geometric shapes encounter organics, but agree on the color scheme.

I think the culinary aspect is a very interesting combo too frankly; the blandness of the spinach and since the peppermint isn’t sweetened, I’m sure the meld is unexpected. I mean, who would of thought strawberry-rhubarb would have worked, right?

Thanks Don. Cooked this for the first time. Actually it was very good but admit I had doubts, too.

1 Like

Thanks Mark. Often things which have the same season work well together. Not only strawberries. and rhubarb. White asparagus has the same season and believe it or not: White asparagus with a rhubarb chutney is superb.
I actually intentionally used the graphic table mat as a contrast to the round plate but blurred it a bit.

I think i’ll let this one pass…i’m not that hungry anyway lol. But you photographed this one very well.

1 Like