Noise Reduction Question

In my workflow, I have been running all of my files through A.I. Clear to get rid of any noise (even if it is not apparent). The last step has been resizing in A.I. Gigapixel. My question is, since A.I. Gigapixel 1.1 includes noise reduction, do I still need to use A.I. Clear for files that I plan to resize?

Good question. I would think not. I think the only way to find out is to test it. I suppose if you checked none in Gigapixal, and you weren’t happy with the result, you could re-run the enlarged image with A.I.Clear too.

1 Like

AI Clear does several functions including noise reduction, removing chromatic aberration and sharpening. Running Gigapixel in Moderate mode would reduce noise but is also slower. Just making pictures bigger for no reason is not a good use of time and disk space unless you are starting with a small file. I enlarge some pictures my kids post on Instagram since getting them to send the originals is often not productive. I would run AI Clear along with any other adjustment then crop or decide if you need a large file for a large print. As a last step, use Gigapixel if needed.

1 Like