Informal Survey/Opinions - on Processors Used with Topaz & Adobe Products

Hi,

I asked about this in Summer 2019 too.

Since then newer processors (GPU/CPU) could have been rolled out.

And now, both Topaz & Adobe AI products (Photoshop 2021, incl Neural Filters, 3D, etc. & Dimension, etc.) are demanding more & more processing power in order to process larger images (in my case photos vs illustrations) speedily.

For those of you using Win 10 systems and ideally working with Topaz AI suite products and Ps 2021 what graphics processor(s) are you using? And, do you find they process images quickly, reliably & responsively for you?

What brand models/versions do you use? Do you get response times in the seconds vs multi-minutes?

Thx in advance for any feedback, suggestions or horror stories!

My%20RIG%20nVidia

This Ryzen works a dream, aided and abetted by 2 x SSDs, 64Gb RAM, and a GeForce RTX 2070.

1 Like

Thx Jack. That helps to know!

I am using an HP laptop:
Intel Core™ i5-5200U CPU, 2,20 GHz
Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)
Graphics Hardware: Intel® HD Graphics 5500
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 - Build 10.18.15.4274
CPU RAM: 8107 MB
Video RAM: 1500 MB Total, 1200 MB In Use
Preview Limit: 3466 Pixels

I have a desktop computer that might not be better than my laptop, but I gave it to my son (he is having his school classes through the internet because of the coronavirus).

I have Studio 2 but I simply can’t use it with my laptop (everything reacts too slowly).
But the rest of the programs I have run OK. From Topaz, I have no problems with Studio Classic, Mask AI, Adjust AI and all Topaz Legacy Plugins that I have. No problems with DxO PhotoLab 3 Elite, Affinity Photo (and Designer), ACDSee Ultimate 2020, PaintShop Pro 2021, Portrait Pro Studio 21 (to which I have just updated), Capture One 20 Express for Sony, Imaging Edge (Sony’s raw developer). I am able to play live with my digital piano (keyboard) using my laptop as a sound module using 6 gigabites sampled pianos loaded to Kontakt, and I have even been able to make with my laptop some 3D drawings of buildings (and renders) with Home Designer Architectural. But my laptop (the graphic card) can’t cope with Studio 2.

1 Like

Thank you, Alejandro. It’s interesting to hear how the various programs work with that setup.

Hi Robyn I have two desktops:

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2004
Graphics Hardware: GeForce RTX 2070/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 451.67
CPU RAM: 65340 MB
Video RAM: 8192 MB
Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

and the other is:
Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)
Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 451.48
CPU RAM: 63319 MB
Video RAM: 6144 MB Total, 5596 MB In Use
Preview Limit: 7869 Pixels

My laptop is also an NVidia with 4GB

Really pleased with them and I rarely see the artifacting or have the problems that others report.

1 Like

Thx for the details Linda. Santa is "gear"ing up to try to boost my PC’s power… I think I’ll boost my RAM by a level in addn to graphics processor.

1 Like