Reach for the Skies

This Grey Heron hung about a local stream for most of the morning. It wouldn’t let me get too close but just moved on up the stream when it got nervous.

LR, but mostly Studio using ReMask and one of my stock skies.

20 Likes

very nice image and the background is stunning

3 Likes

Beautiful!!!

1 Like

Nicely done …

1 Like

The sky, I realise is one of your stock images, but it looks blurred and the heron looks perched in mid air. What do you think? You obviously know the image from the time.

2 Likes

Great capture and a nice sense of motion against the sky background. Very good work.

1 Like

This is fabulous!

1 Like

Gorgeous…what a great looking image.

1 Like

I like the blurred sky but it does make the bird appear too sharp in contrast with the sky. Maybe add a very slight blur to the birds outline edge to soften it a touch?

2 Likes

I agree - lovely bird and great sky but it’s kind of noticeable they didn’t start out together

2 Likes

Wonderful capture, I am curious about what the original image looked like.

1 Like

The blurred background is a technic developed by Tyrus Wong that he used in the movie Bambi.

2 Likes

I agree with some of comments about background but think it is more the lighting does not match than the blur.

1 Like

Amazing image!!

1 Like

Why does the sky blur bother folks? I am not a pro by any means but tracking a birds flight often gives the sky a blur and an open aperture would blur the background as well.

1 Like

sPECTACULAR!

1 Like

Splendid photo…

1 Like