Safe but still no power

Our local meteorologist, Robert Van Winkle, (who is extremely reliable) says there is a slim to none chance of Maria hitting Florida… I can’t worry about this until it’s a surety, I’ll make myself sick, besides I have a lot of faith in Robert…

No people are not replaceable, but not everything else is replaceable either. There are people in our county who are now homeless . Insurance doesn’t cover all…it’s very sad.

I just saw the news about that last night…and feel better about things now also.

Yes I understand that all too well since my daughter couldn’t get flood insurance because she lives on the edge of the flood plain BUT … there are companies who do insure and she has, now, insurance. I live on the edge of the same plain and have a stream running along my eastern boundary. My insurer was adamant that they could not insure me because of the stream … however … when I pointed out that it was 20ft below the level of my property they changed their minds … obviously their forms and questionnaires don’t take the contour of the land into account. My point … never accept the word of an insurer since they are in the business of gambling — they bet you won’t claim and you bet you might and the dice and table are loaded in their favour.
I think I would prefer to have my life rather than a few very treasured possessions. With regard to homelessness I prefer not to comment because the philosophy regarding Social Housing and Responsibility is very different on your side of the pond.