Save as problem with Topaz NeDoise as Stand-alone

I normally use Denoise v 6.0.1 via Photoshop so never had reason to notice the following until using it in stand alone mode.

I open a tif file, applied a light denoise and go to menu to Save As… and choose a new name and as a tiff format with defaults, then OK. The progress bar at the bottom indicates it’s working and when finished, DeNoise is unceremoniously closed (no message). Checking on the new file though, it doesn’t exist.

Saving as a jpg, leaves DeNoise running & a file written.

Saving as a png crashes DeNoise and no file written.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

Check that your GPU drivers are up to date from the GPU manufacturers web site and that your computer meets the specifications detailed here:

https://support.topazlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/200133323-System-Requirements

As I cannot recreate your issues I suggest you raise a support request at the Plugins link above and include your computing environment as I have successfully used ‘Save as’ for the 3 different formats with a image from a Canon 5DsR in the following computing environment with all the GPU drivers up to date:

Win 10 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch
Sys : Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, 1GB, OpenGL v4.5
GPU 2: NVIDIA GT 1050, 4GB, OpenGL v4.6, OpenCL v1.2

Updated the vid drivers & maybe that was it; want to test a couple other things first. Opened a jpg file and was able to save to all three formats though. The file I had problems with was a B&W scanned TIF, so there might be something with it that’s askew.

Make sure that it isn’t a grayscale image, if it is open in PS and change its mode to RGB Color then save. This won’t affect the image but will allow you to use it in apps other than PS.

Ah. Bet that was it; some old Tri-X scans so sure I saved them as gray scale.

1 Like