Studio 1.12.6 download error

I’m having trouble downloading Studio 1.12.6 - error box attached. Unfortunately, the update process removed my existing version of Studio, so I am now Studio-less. Hope you can help.
Thanks,
Philip Tonkyn

1 Like

Just try again it looks as though you cannot connect to the Amazon servers.

1 Like

Thank you Don but I’m still blocked by this download error. It happens immediately after entering my Windows password. I still have the installers of earlier versions but these seem to be similarly affected. I’ve now submitted a Help Centre request.

1 Like

The thing there is it cannot create the Temp directory in

• C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\remoterepo-wWkfno\

Where the downloaded files are placed before installing, firstly go and delete that directory and then try again but this time run the downloaded installer as a Administrator.

And just as an aside I would never have a user-id called User it is a dangerous thing for security.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your advice, Don. The trouble is, as a simple non-techie, I’m quickly out of my depth. I don’t have a file or folder called remoterepo-wWkfno\ in C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\ so I can’t delete it - or do you mean that I should delete the whole Temp directory? I’m sorry to try your patience. However, I will try running the installer as an Administrator and get back to you if it works.
I take on board that having User as my user-id is rather foolish and will seek advice on how I should set it up properly.

1 Like

I suspect that if you run the installer as an Administrator it will be OK.

1 Like

And it is! Phew. Thank you so much!!

2 Likes

Nice work AIDon!

1 Like