Studio crash when saving

Not entirely sure Product Bugs are the correct place, but it felt like the most fitting one. I encountered a odd problem today when I was going to work on a picture. Every time I tried to save the image, Topaz Studio crashed to desktop and the picture I had worked on was not saved at all.

At first I thought it might have been the size of the file (6,93MB 18002340 pixels), but when trying on a smaller one (2,06mb 12001560) it still crashed, even when only doing one simple change to it.

Yesterday Studio worked perfectly fine, and I was working with a semi big file than too. Nothing has changed on my computer, and no updates available for my graphic card. So I’m at loss as to why it crash, and more so why it crash when I try to save a picture, since I can work on it without a problem. It’s just the saving that seems to encounter problems.

/Carola

Can you go to Help-> Graphics Info, click on Copy and paste the results here please.

Here we go, I also noticed something else. As I kept trying a bit now and than. When I made the picture lighter in size it worked, so perhaps those 6,93MB was too heavy?

Topaz Studio Ver: 1.10.5
Operating System: Windows 7
Graphics Hardware: GeForce GT 730/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 397.64
CPU RAM (MB): 8172
VRAM [Total, Used] (MB): 2048, 1795
Preview Limit (Pixels): 4078

There doesn’t seem to be anything unusual about your PC setup.

The MB size doesn’t matter for an image as it is the pixel dimensions that are important and 1800x2340 is a small image.

if you are still having the issue please raise a support request by clicking on the Studio button on the Need Help panel above.

Good morning and thanks Don, I’ll keep an eye on it as it and if it contiues I’ll send a support request. It did start to work yesterday in the evening with the smaller image, so perhaps it was just being in a sulky mood for a while. I’ll see if it works as it should today (haven’t gotten my morning coffee yet :slight_smile: ) and if so I raise a support request.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Maybe free-up some computer resources: background processes which can safely be suspended are Google Drive updater (same for OneDrive, DropBox etc.) Also, suspend Windows Cataloging (on a PC) which can be accessed by searching for services.msc and clicking STOP.