Sweat stain Removal

I have a photo with a blue shirt and some sweat stains making some areas a very dark blue. Any way to address this in Topaz Labs?

You could possibly mask the darker areas and play with lightness, saturation or perhaps change the masked layer to soft light or screen mode. Just have a play.

1 Like

If you use Topaz Studio you can try with the heal brush.
Hope this helps

1 Like

Maybe use the HSL adjustment in Studio and adjust the darker blue lightness and saturation sliders?

1 Like

You should post the original photo, @brassfox, so we can work on them in Topaz Studio and see which method works the best! :smile:

2 Likes

Nothing I have tried has worked yet. Could use some help. Thanks

I worked only on the stain around the third button on the shirt, using the HSL adjustment layer in Topaz Studio and the masking brush. The stain is lighter, but to make it really seamless with the rest of the shirt, I would use the masking tools in Photoshop as well as the Photoshop healing brush and clone brush to make the border seamless.

There might be faster ways, but unfortunately, it would take a while to fix the whole shirt. Good luck!

I gave it a try, too. I used the clone brush in Paint Shop Pro. It is important to set the clone brush to 50% or lower opacity and also a very low hardness. That way you have to go over the same area for several times whiich gives the cloned area a more natural look

. I left the shoulder and arm of the the gentleman alone because that can go as a shadow and not a sweaty shirt.

3 Likes