Þjóðhátíðardagurinn 2018

Þjóðhátíðardagurinn (or Icelandic National Day in English)

We were lucky to have flown to Reykjavík before dawn on June 17, so we really got to experience the whole day (which was also the day Iceland tied Argentina 1-1 in their first World Cup match ever)!

I wish I had recorded some of the music

Processed with Topaz Studio, Impression Module

4 Likes

Interesting to hear/see something of Icelandic culture - it would also be interesting to see some of these photos before processing. Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Thank you for the nice comments, @JeanieW. I Here are some of the original photos for you and @john811 (and anyone else interested, lol)

and I should clarify - there was not really a dawn since the sun never really sat or rose, but the flight arrived very early in the morning…

The last photo is of King Christian IX of Denmark - interesting that all of the royal families of Europe (including England) are direct descendants of him, except the Netherlands.

3 Likes

I really like the photo montage you put together and the processing applied. It depicts a nice story of their heritage in one nice composition. I also want to thank you for sharing the other images for play.

Thank you very much, @cre8art, that is exactly what I was trying to do, so it makes me extremely happy that you apprciated that! :smile:

1 Like