Tips for getting the most out of AI Remix

As many others do, I started with this adjustment by just using the choices ‘as is. I quickly found this limiting: they looked like what others were doing, and became repetitive. I discovered a lot more to it, which has made this an often-used adjustment. Here are some tips-
1 TRY DIFFERENT DEGREES OF OPACITY with the slider. This mixes in the effect with your image to differing extents.
2 VARY THE STYLE STRENGTH – High isn’t necessarily better. I more often prefer what a lower one does.
3 VARY THE BLENDING MODE (the drop down next to opacity). This makes such a big difference and gets away from everyone’s looking the same
4 NOTICE THERE ARE SLIDERS BELOW THE STYLE STRENGTH. These will vary Brightness, Saturation, Contrast and Hue. Varying the Hue in itself gives you colour shifts to make yours different. Under those these are also tweaks for Smoothness, Sharpness and Reducing artefacts – all good if you find the ‘out of the box’ effect not quite to your liking.
5 STACK THE AI REMIX OUTPUT to combine different looks. You can ‘Accept’ one you like but then feed that back through AI Remix to combine it with another effect. In the image accompanying this, I found I quite liked 2 different ones. So, I ‘Accepted one I liked, for the colour and texture added, in one Blending mode. Then I ran AI Remix again with my other preference in another Blending mode (to add the disco lights effect in this one).
6 CHANGE THE COLOURS, AND VARY THE ‘LOOK’ MORE USING OTHER TOPAZ ADJUSTMENTS. When many people use the initial, unmodified ‘out of the box style’, much of the sameness comes from the colours being the same. You can change the Hue within AI Remix, but it can be more powerful to use Studio’s ‘Color Theme’, Duo Tone’, ‘Quad Tone’, or even make it Black and White. Even better, use the Restyle Plugin. The possibilities for combining adjustment obviously extend to the many Studio options – Impression, Texture, Glow etc
The point is just using this adjustment ‘out of the box’ can lead to repetitive and even dominating effects that may put you off this adjustment when it is capable of so much more.
Member Ricci has added this comment, which I will include here to be comprehensive. I should have added it initially…7, Masking different effects can also play a huge roll in making you image unique . Each effect has a mask that you can use a brush, gradient, luminosity. You can adjust the mask, copy the mask to other adjustments.

12 Likes

Totally cool, especially double and triple loading of AIR, opacity and blend modes!

1 Like

I am liking this AIR recipe…can you pass it on? :slight_smile:

7, Masking different effects can also play a huge roll in making you image unique . Each effect has a mask that you can use a brush, gradient, luminosity. You can adjust the mask, copy the mask to other adjustments. Creativity is endless in Topaz.

Knokin you image is fantastic, you did a great job of processing. Well done

2 Likes

Yep. I thought after I posted that I should have added that one. I have used it just as a background or to include in just certain areas. Good thought!

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by me passing it on? I’m happy for anyone to pass this one anywhere. Great feature.I have also become a regular explorer on deepdreamgenerator after using this adjustment initially. I even stir those into the mix!

I have now quoted you in the original posting to be comprehensive for anyone new looking at this. hope you don’t mind… and thanks!

1 Like

I mean a more detailed insight as to your exact path to this masterpiece? :slight_smile:

I gotta say this is so Dreamscopeapp! Nice :slight_smile:

More deepdreamgenerator-like in my case!

I believe that Topazlabs and/or Lambda Labs get their AI Algorithms thru Google’s DeepDream project?!

1 Like