Topaz Impression file locations

Hope this is the right place to ask this…I’ve recently purchased a new computer and have already installed Topaz Impression 2 (as well as several of the other Topaz Filters I have) on it. I was looking for a way to import the “saved” modifications I have made of the Impression filters to the new computer from the older one. I could not find a file/folder/database or anything that looked like it might contain these. There are many I’ve created over the years.

Also wondering about those filters I’ve downloaded from the Community. Are they stored on my old computer and if so, where?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you. Mur

The Community allows you to back up and download presets.

Other file locations are here:

https://support.topazlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/200129096-Where-does-the-software-install-to-

Thank you Don for your answer. I’m not sure what you mean by “The Community allows you to back up and download presets”…I know that they can be downloaded but I don’t know how to transfer those I’ve downloaded to my new computer. I cannot find where they are stored on my new 64 bit Win 10 Computer. For that matter, I’ve downloaded some on the new computer and can’t find where they are stored there.

My older computer is a 64 bit Win 7 so I am a little familiar with the various file locations.

I also checked out the links in “where does the software install to?”…and again, I cannot find WHERE Topaz Impression 2 saves the presets that I’ve modified. I checked all the files and nothing makes sense to me or looks like it is something containing my presets.

Once again, I do appreciate your help…

They can be downloaded direct from the community “My Presets” category if you were logged on to the community at the time you created them as they are automatically backed up.

Local copies are stored in the database file in the “%localappdata%\Topaz Labs\Topaz Impression 2\QML\OfflineStorage\Databases”

Thank you so very much Don. I think I’ve got it now and it seems to be working just as I hoped. I’ve got all the “modifications” I’ve made over the years to the presets that come with Impression 2 as well as a whole bunch of the styles I’ve downloaded from the community. Anything missing from there can be easily downloaded again…but it was the changes I made that I especially wanted.

I very much appreciate your patience with me and understanding that although there are a lot of things I understand, there is much more that I don’t have a clue about, and you willingness to keep explaining until it finally got through.

It is not easy being a moderator for a forum like this…I personally thank you for the time you spend answering questions from people like me, who just enjoy making “pretty pictures.”

Mur

1 Like