Topaz Studio will not launch a 2nd time from within Photoshop

So, what will happen if someone who owns a number of the plugins decides they want to complete the set and get the discounted price? Some of them still appear to be available, so that could get a bit messy

You can apply to be a beta tester here:

1 Like

I already consider myself a beta tester. :slight_smile:

It is a cool idea but I prefer to duplicate the layer of the photo I’m working with and then go to Studio for Sharpen. I then take the result back to PSP, and save it with a file name like Studio Sharpen. I’ll then flatten the image, duplicate it and go back to Studio for another adjustment etc etc. Why? Well, maybe a distant sheep which looks OK in the original photo looks silly after a Studio adjustment so I can clone it out or alter it with a paint brush before going back for another Studio adjustment. I also like to do opacity and blending in PSP because I can then backtrack and start again from that point if I end up needing more or less opacity etc.

The Introduction To Topaz Studio page says " You’ll get complete freedom to use Topaz Studio as a plugin" Complete freedom doesn’t mean using it once then having to close one’s photo editor of choice and restart it before Studio can be used as a plugin again.

I’m really annoyed because I purchasecd 5 pro adjustments - Reduce Noise, Color Theme,Sharpen, Focal Blur and DeHaze. If I want to use each of them in succession it means having to exit and reload PSP each time.

Ken all of my plug-ins that I have purchased from Topaz still appear as plug-ins in Photoshop 2018. If yours don’t then I suggest that you copy the plug-in to C:/ Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop 2018/plug-ins from C:/Program Files/Topaz Labs/Impression 2 and then it should appear. Topaz have said that all the plug-ins will continue to work in Phtoshop (or whatever you use) but they will not be updated - so they may not function in newer version of PS (or whatever) in the future.

Mine appears as plugins. Not sure where you got the idea they did not. As I said my plugins work top notch. No issues.

Now Studio is not so good. But I am being told it’s the future of Topaz.

Sorry Ken - I must have misunderstood. Glad they are working OK as plug-ins.

No problem, I do appreciate the fact you were willing to assist. Many thanks for that…

Well folks, 10 minutes ago I downloaded Topaz Studio v1.5.3 & the first impression is that they have fixed the only one shot in Ps problem… I opened at least three times all worked fine. Well done Topaz.
I am still not thrilled at being forced to get updates to my plugins via Studio but now I can at least carry on a decent workflow.
Thanks for fixing this problem.

Opening a 2nd time from PSP is still not fixed for me in version 1.5.3.

Seems to be working fine with Photoshop CC 2018. My Simplify Plugin now shows in two places in Photoshop, Topaz Labs and Topaz Studio…

Update to clarify this is not fixed with PSP 2018. However,:on a whim, I tried with PSPX9 and I am able to call TS multiple times with no issue. So, it’s a problem with TS and PSP 2018 but not PSPX9.

2 Likes

Wow Kathy_9, I hope Topaz gets it all sorted out for you.

Nice to see one of my Buddies from DSLReports on another forum.

I’m Vue666 on DSLR…

Cheers

Ken

1 Like

I’m having a similar problem with Lightroom. Does anyone else have problems launching Studio from Lightroom? I sent in a support ticket, but no response. When launching from Lightroom, the Lightroom program will create the copy of the file as a tif, but then never launchs Studio. If I shut down lightroom and launch studio, this time with the already created tif file, Studio most of the time launches. However, as with PS, launching a second time from lightroom generally fails. Frustrating.

Presently at work. Will try when I get home and post results here…

The same thing happened to me using Paintshop Pro.

Which version of PSP?

You may need to remove this folder:

%tmp%/boost_interprocess

Then, try it again.

No luck Joe. Works fine with PSPX9 but not PSP2018. So, I don’t know if the issue is TS to PSP2018 or if it’s specific to TS, PSP2018 and my system. If someone else has PSP2018 and could test this it would help.

Thanks.

Seems to be fine in Lightroom CC 2018…