Topaz Studio with Topaz Plugins

There are still uses for some of the Topaz external plugins, and Topaz Studio is the perfect host. In this image a cloudless sky was replaced with something more interesting by calling Topaz Remask 5. Then Topaz B&W Effects 2 (Infrared II) was used for a more dramatic monochrome look than what’s achievable using the black and white filter available in Topaz Studio.

Looking forward to the time when B&W Effects is ported to Studio.

Bob

https://photos.smugmug.com/Black-and-White/i-jTWZbkF/0/bc3df55c/X3/Washington%20Union%20Station-1-Edit-X3.jpg

10 Likes

Looks great Bob. I too look forward to more of the external plugins being integrated into Studio.

1 Like

Very creative image, the real liberty bell is so difficult to photograph now…

Nice image Bob. How did you call Remask from Studio?

Ten days ago I installed Studio but none of my external plugins are synced?

Thanks, Gary

gazzasfotos
If the plugins already installed then they should be in the top menu plug ins.

That is my problem, none of my purchased plugins have installed - only those that are integrated with Studio. The plugins menu tab is either empty or not showing so I can no longer access any of the external plugins.

I have reset the database and logged back in but to no avail.

gazzasfotos
Well you need to installed them first. If you did not then of cause they would not show up.

This is a new installation setting up a new computer so nothing is installed.

Topaz information follow: (Topaz Labs)

Topaz Studio changes the way we deliver the products we make to you. With a unified core platform, we can now immediately provide access to Adjustments you purchase, without the need to head back to a download page or even waiting on your order receipt email. Installation takes place with a single file, and all purchased Adjustments become immediately available to the user.

Where does it say to install previously purchased plugins first?

gazzasfotos
I was talking the old way. or you had plugins already on the computer before installing Studio.
You ask about the

“Nice image Bob. How did you call Remask from Studio?
Ten days ago I installed Studio but none of my external plugins are synced?
Thanks, Gary”

So I answer that they have to be already install to show up in the menu. You took this like I said something wrong.
I try to help but I guess I was wrong…

It’s a beautiful b&w…excellent job.

It doesn’t - but nor does it say your plug-ins will automatically appear in Studio. It does say that all purchased “ADJUSTMENTS” become immediately available to the user. The legacy plug-ins are not adjustments and will need to be installed before they can show up in Studio - that’s just the way it is. Joseph was entirely correct.

1 Like