Topaz Video AI 4.2.1

If I copy the previous settings and paste them into another file, the fps will change and not return to the original, meaning that copying settings from the current version is useless.

I am stunned how good the results with iris MQ are. Aion is still too slow but the results look already promising!

1 Like

Not yet. If Iā€™m remembering correctly.

Is there a reason why? Seems odd to not take advantage of hardware.

1 Like

The reason being it was made to work on Apple chips first, then ported over to (probably) CUDA for Windows. Maybe thatā€™s the easiest way to make a model work on all three platforms.

1 Like

Hello,

Could you send exact repro steps. I have been unable to reproduce the export all problem.

Thanks !

Certainly:

1. Import a PNG image sequence. Import another PNG image sequence. Repeat as needed.
  2. In the Input section, highlight all PNG image sequences. The Export button in the bottom right corner will now show a (ā€œnumberā€) to indicate that there are ā€œnumberā€ inputs to be exported.
  3. Press export. Only one export will begin. Upon completing that export, the subsequent ones do not start.

In the most recent prior version, I was able to batch export at least 10 inputs by simply clicking Export with multiple inputs selected. The fix is to start each export manually, so it seems like this is merely a QOL issue, but it caught my by surprise in my first batch. Thanks for looking into this!

1 Like

For what itā€™s worth: Just to clarify, if it isnā€™t clear already: jeremy.talor is the third person in this thread reporting that batch export of a set of selected clips doesnā€™t work anymore.

That doesnā€™t only apply to image sequences, but also to regular video clips.

Did anything change in iris MQ or is this sarcasm to reflect the current roadmap which was last presented a year ago then it silently got dropped or faded away.

Wouldā€™ve thought doing it the opposite way round be better as Iā€™m sure most users use windows instead of Apple.

What percentage of slowness would you think it is compared to previous fps models? Iā€™m holding off updating until more bugs are fixed.

It takes about three times longer than Apollo 8.

1 Like

Hey, sorry to hear about the problems with export. I have attached a Loom with my attempt to get the videos to fail exporting all my selections. I tried a bunch of variants of the filter state but cannot reproduce. Are you trying something different than what I am doing?

1 Like

The app constantly crashes after saving the image that Iā€™m not finished with.

All Models are too slow and range from 1.9/fps to 2.3/fps Even on Videos that used to be processed at 6.9/fps in earlier versions.
Same hardware: Mac M1 max Studio.
Rollback whatever changes you did to slow down processing. Sheesh.

Hello,

I upgraded from version 4.1.2 and although the installation went as planned, I canā€™t launch the software. I double-clicked on the icon but nothing happened. For 1/2 second the little loading wheel spins and then nothing happens. I even tried reinstalling over it, just in case it had forgotten to install something, but the problem was still the same. I had to completely uninstall and reinstall version 4.1.2, which works fine for me.

My configuration is as follows:

Windows 10 22H2
8GB NVIDIA RTX 3070 MSI Ventus GPU
9th Generation Intel I9 9900K CPU with AVX and AVX2 compatibility
Ram: 32 GB

I hope this bug will be corrected by the next version.

Funny. Do you run a different build? Thatā€™s what I see:

Off topic: It seems that the forum software doesnā€™t support uploading video formats, at least for regular users. Is this observation correct, or did I miss something?

The Davinci Resolve plugin is pretty useless, honestly.

It constantly crashes and always asks you to select a model before you have even had the time to drag the mouse to the inspector to do it. From the Edit page or the Color page. On top of being very slow, going back to the old TVAI era.

Iā€™ll continue to only use the standalone TVAI version until then.

I donā€™t know why there is a totally unstable element like this when there are beta programs. Are people using the beta the right people? Or are they ignored?

Iā€™m honestly tired of having cool tools added to software, just to constantly be frustrated because thereā€™s always a 30% finalized version of them, and it drags the frustrations of the users for months because itā€™s never really fixed. Instead of having something 90% finished, and just use the x.x.X version to polish it.

Itā€™s like buying a Ferrari, then: sorry, we forgot to put back the accelerator pedal after installing the leather seats. Donā€™t go faster than 40mph because a wheel will fall off; weā€™ll fix it in the next update. But you have a Ferrari; most of the parts are here.

Edit: It works better now

1 Like

Could someone fill me in on the trick to getting the preview to work? It has bugged me for so many versions now and I kept ignoring as playing with Betas and assumed it was an issue, but the lack of comments makes me think its just me.

Basically whilst processing, the preview window of he output shows the output. But always the second the preview finishes processing, the loop of the preview just shows the input original and never show the processed preview.

I can only see the processed images I am previewing whilst the preview is being processed. Am I supposed to do something specific to show the preview at the end?

Here is the culprit:

The behavior of ā€œExport Asā€¦ā€ has been changed. With earlier versions, batch export was possible with ā€œExport Asā€¦ā€ activated, which was not bad. Thatā€™s now gone. Doesnā€™t make much sense, from my point of view, in particular, because, as soon as more than one item is selected, thereā€™s no chance to alter the export mode, because thereā€™s no drop down menu on the button, i.e. people are forced to switch the export mode before making the selection.

3 Likes

Not sure if I understand correctly what you are encountering, but just to exclude the obvious: To see the original on the left viewer and the rendered preview on the right, turn off ā€˜Comparison Modeā€™. Sometimes. after rendering of a preview is finished, it can happen that the preview window doesnā€™t show the last rendered video. In this case click on the last rendered item in the Previews list.