Topaz Video AI 4.2.2

Can you be more specific? Which Nvidia drivers were better?

1 Like

You need to find this out by trying it yourself. The best driver for my 1650 GPU is 527.56. You also need to install a clean installation, use the NVCleanstall application to avoid installing unnecessary things. You can search about this on the internet. When I install a new driver, the program runs twice slower.

Here we go for phase 2. Using my preset for scaling. I’ve finished phase 1, which was the denoising of sequences with optimized sharpness.

Note that I use Proteus 4 and Iris v1. This combination works better than if I used Proteus 4 and Iris v2.
We recover a certain sharpness in the image
And his badge is sharper

You get a better feel for the texture of skin details. And the texture of the uniform.

On more distant shots, it will always be difficult if not impossible to have something as clean as a true HD or a true remaster made by professionals, but it’s not bad here.

Bearing in mind that this is only phase 2 of 3 of my remaster.
The tight shots work really well. It feels like a real HD remaster made by a team of pros. :grinning:

The badge is really clean in this scene.

Screenshot zoomed out

The slight aliasing visible on the badge is blurred on the upscale.

Another zoomed-in, more distant shot where you can see that the edges are well smoothed. Although a little blurred, it’s still clean.

8 Likes

uhm i miss the time of preview…
i just update after some minor release and now i cannot see the time of preview render which is importatn to me to judge and decide to add more or less processing. i usually work on 10sec preview to had an idea of time of final rendering.
please add back this value.

Here’s hoping that after 9 days of CPU rendering, the file will exist this time!
logsForSupport.zip (3.6 MB)

1 Like

Hello everyone. I noticed a bug. Nyx fast doesn’t work. It’s giving me “error”. At least, I tested it as a second enhancement. I didn’t test it as a first enhancement.

ok, testing as a first improvement, it works. But not as a second improvement. Good to know.

I’m just in time!

9 days !!! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Under stablization > jittery motion > # of passes, is there any way to make it use apollo / aion instead of chronos?

1 Like
Topaz Video AI  v4.2.2
System Information
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D 16-Core Processor            63.709 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090  23.576 GB
Processing Settings
device: 0 vram: 0.98 instances: 0
Input Resolution: 1920x1080
Benchmark Results
Artemis		1X: 	44.01 fps 	2X: 	18.49 fps 	4X: 	05.18 fps 	
Iris		1X: 	38.50 fps 	2X: 	21.65 fps 	4X: 	05.73 fps 	
Proteus		1X: 	40.88 fps 	2X: 	21.53 fps 	4X: 	05.80 fps 	
Gaia		1X: 	15.42 fps 	2X: 	11.04 fps 	4X: 	04.92 fps 	
Nyx		1X: 	17.54 fps 	2X: 	14.76 fps 	
Nyx Fast		1X: 	31.62 fps 	
4X Slowmo		Apollo: 	41.92 fps 	APFast: 	84.80 fps 	Chronos: 	30.87 fps 	CHFast: 	37.28 fps 	
16X Slowmo		Aion: 	34.25 fps 	

1 Like

For many other videos, these settings may not be as effective.

In just 2 passes, the result is pretty good. Particularly on tight shots.

When I’m on the final 3rd pass, it should be even better.
But I’ll see if I do the 3rd pass in Video AI or if I put a sharpness filter in Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
Because with Adobe Premiere, it would only take me 7-8 minutes to render. Compared to 2 hours in Ai video for the 3rd pass.

3 Likes

Getting out of memory error on M1 Max with 64 GB RAM!
Shortly after starting the process

I am unable to export any 4K video using Aion, regardless of what settings are being used.

For 1080p Aion export works.

There is an issue with memory management it seems. I have plenty of RAM available.

Logs:
logsForSupport.zip (281.3 KB)

Just a note. Anytime I see any one working on Voyager, I shamelessly steal settings and play with them. Most of my Voyager up scales on early season were done in either v1 or V2 of Topaz, so I am always curious how much it may have improved.

I do note I am not sure we have the same source files, and some of your examples are later in the series, and I know the quality changes over time.

This was me playing with various settings you did, changing them to suit me and seeing how they ended up, from second episode in Season 1.

1 Like

Interesting. With a 3rd pass and the fixed focus mode activated, you’ll be able to make up for the blur on the first image and it’ll be sharper. On the 2nd, only the hair is a little too sharp. But the rest is fine. After that, it’s not easy to get everything right the first time :wink:

No I know lol.

I think this is the 7th time I have looked at upscaling that episode, and more test sequences than I care to remember. But each time I see newer models/settings making imrpovements, I go back at it again ^^

I see. That’s why I waited until the software was advanced enough to start remastering the Star Trek DS9 and Voyager series. :slight_smile:

One thing that would be really cool (but that’s if it ever happens) is to have an AI that analyzes every scene in a 4:3 movie in depth and manages to extrapolate the edges by generative fill to add content and make it a true 16:9 without cropping. That would really be a must.

1 Like

Mine 3070 works perfectly on 537.58 DCH version.