Use this

I always develop my own presets.
With Topaz and in this order, I use CLARITY, INFOCUS, SIMPLIFY AND CLEAN

JixiPix software I use Pastillo and work in CHALK

12 Likes

What a wonderful artwork!! The subject matter is perfect for the treatment. Bravo!

2 Likes

Love the effects and how they were applied…thanks for the tip on the software

2 Likes

Super work …

1 Like

Excellent!

2 Likes

Stunning!

2 Likes

Powerful image with stunning results. Thx for the software info.

1 Like

Very well done. I looked at Jixipix… interesting set of PP plug-ins

1 Like

You are all welcome, Good luck…

1 Like

Stunning x2 - great image

1 Like

Eleanore - I completely finished the image with TOPAZ and saved it, then I opened the image in JIXIPIX - PASTELLO and work in the CHALK tab.

1 Like

I purchased Pastello after seeing what it can do and following your recipe…there’s no doubt that your subjects are part of the pizazz. The choices in Chalk are numerous…is there one that you find works best? Here is my first attempt…

1 Like

Wow. Very nice.

Hard to believe that this portrait started with a photograph.

1 Like

The most important thought that I want to be understood is, do not be satisfied with the program’s presets. I spend much of my time creating my own presets. I always fine tune the preset for each image. View this example. Please click the image to further enlarge the image. I found the original (on the left) on public domain.

2 Likes

What I do notice, in checking out your original, is that your starting point is not a life photo. It’s an illustration or painting. My goal is to take a life photo to as close to either one of these images as possible.

1 Like

Absolutely - wish more people would say that and as loudly! Some folk come to this site expecting that there is a “preset fix” for all images. There isn’t. Period! You gotta work at it and find the values which let the image sing its story and not sing for the image.

2 Likes

Eleanore - I employ the same technique for photograph, illustration or painting.

Good to know…so what I have to do is find my sweet spot in each of the plug-ins and make some presets.

1 Like