V1.8.2 Problems After Update

As you can see from here that the V1.8.2 update affects resources being used from the previous version … all was OK with the reset until I started V1.8.2 …

Then during downloads it says it is finished at 100% but is continuing to download …

EXIT - Restart

My effects are back, although duplicated …

I had also reported the 2 issues of AiRemix effects not showing and that after completing download a exit and restart then starts to download more resources … and it looks like it is the same 2729 downloads?

So then after the 2nd download AiRemix appeared and my presets were OK, although now have up to 3 copies. The whole process took 57 minutes from uninstall of the Beta to this stage during which manual intervention was required for the process …

I commented on your other thread, but it looks like you now have 1.8.2 installed… It does appear your tgrc issues have continued.

Can you share what you’re currently using as your tgrc folder? C:\Users\..., E:\Studio\..., etc.

Yes they are still continuing but did manage to rectify after the download which executed twice and, in this case, the location is on the C:\ drive in the localappdata folder … drive is a fast SSD.

Also the download of the Hi-Res Textures took 23 minutes, which I find a little slow, because there is only 351MB in the tgrc folder … I would rather see it downloaded in the installation package as typically a 1GB download only takes 2-3 minutes for me.

I thought all was OK but when I restarted Studio after downloading hi-res textures I had lost AiRemix Effects and brushes for Impression, some of my presets and it has started downloading again … frustrating …

And the download is that same 2729 number again!

After Synch Adjustments and restart,1 hour and 36 minutes later, it is off downloading again … this time it is up to 2000/4312 43% and still going …

And this time after 4340 downloads it has rectified itself … I should add, and 2 hours …

Sorry for those who have trouble. I just downloaded the installer (Win) from the Studio website. I did not use the update function within Studio. When I started, the installer first uninstalled the ‘old’ version and then installed the new one. So far it is working well and the download/installation was fast without any glitches.

This is a most annoying problem …

And it is that magical number of 2729 again! And from 2717/2729 claims 100%

It is obviously something to do with the AiRemix Adjustment because the effects appear after it completes

Then decided to download the installer, which will remove the existing version, and reinstall.

And then guess what happened after reinstalling with the installer from the web …

Every time it starts a new session it deletes all the downloaded textures.

I believe that it was something to do with the Registry Entries for the Beta testing as I notice that some of the entries are missing, it may have been something like ‘database update required=false’ or like, that is no longer there after deleting the registry, localappdata and the application itself and reinstalling.

Following the download and reinstall everything is fine except for losing my local presets … again looking for an export & backup procedure.

Following that I am trying to download hi-res textures but, in the meantime, I notice that the lensfun database directory is duplicated in the Topaz Studio directory and in the tgrc directory

Hi,

As I had so many issues with the Beta I decided to uninstall Beta and reset the databases and the one time setup is still updating after 20 minutes, is this normal?

Then I exited from the application as it really seemed to be going nowhere, started it again and synched adjustments but I had to exit and restart to get them to show as pro…

It looks like you have 1.7.6 there, but you should have 1.8.2. Looking into it now.

Yes that was uninstall Beta and reset PRD before updating …