**WARNING** Update with care - NVIDIA Drivers to version 419.17/419.35

It seems that this update causes all Topaz Products to crash with the following error:

Faulting application name: Topaz Product, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c587287
Faulting module name: nvoglv64.dll, version: 25.21.14.1917, time stamp: 0x5c6d35af
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000af6f89
Faulting process id: 0x4ec
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4cf2e6a5dff21
Faulting application path: Topaz EXE
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvhmi.inf_amd64_4404ccad37a51498\nvoglv64.dll

The last working version I have is 418.81 on a GTX 1050 4GB (HP Intel i7)

5 Likes

Hmmm - I updated two or three days ago. I’ve had no problems at all on my Windows 10 PC. Thanks for the heads up though - I’ll perhaps not leap in quite so fast in future.

The problems may be GPU specific as my GTX 1050 crashes but only with Topaz Labs products.

1 Like

I’m definitely on 419.17 and,so far, no problems at all.

I’m GTX 1050 too! 2GB version.

419.17 OK so far with my GeForce 7 GTX 2070 … thanks for the heads up - at least I will know to roll-back if Topaz starts crashing! :slight_smile:

I might try to reinstall as 2 of you are not having an issue and I’ve never had an issue before.

2 Likes

I have the game ANTHEM: apparently 419.17 was optimised for this game…

Really, well I reinstalled rebooted and no luck. :slight_smile:

I think I have mentioned this before: AI will really test our systems, if not shake them to bits!

Sorry you are having problems @AiDon

1 Like

Don, if you want to check if there’s anything I’ve got set up differently from you that you think might help, just ask. Not that I’ll really know what I’m talking about!

1 Like

Just updated to 419.71 - seems to have overwritten my screen calibration - but Topaz seems to be OK

1 Like

Yep by me to, Win10/64Pro Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti Driverv.419.17. I hope Topaz works on a update from the update.

Today i change the nvidia driver to v. 417.58, befor i deinst. Studio with Revo In/Deinstaller.
After new Studio inst. i’m get the same troubles. So it’s a bug from Topaz and not from Nvidia.

Purely as a FWIW

I was using an old GT610 card with driver 388.11 but wanted to swap for the GTX1050Ti 4GB to improve the processing times when I need to use Gigapixel AI.

I looked back through the now legacy drivers like 388.11 and found that the 1050Ti was covered, I also as a ‘just in case’ found out which driver version was the last to cover the GT610 and downloaded that one.

I don’t use my PC for gaming and therefore have no need or interest in the continuing driver support of or for new games, hence I know of no logical reason to update the driver from 388.11

Graphic drivers (unless someone can advise better reasoning) only need to be updated if the current version does not support what you are running. Therefore unless that is your reason, "it it ain’t broke, don’t fix it…’

Thanks for the heads-up. Running 418.81. Think i’l stay there for a bit!

1 Like

Now i’m get the Studio 1.14.3 with the same troubs, and is not so nice to get the update over the crashed version ^^. Ok it was a info :wink: to download on the Topaz homepage. Maybe the 1.14.2 has attacked the base system and it can no longer be repaired. So I wait a few more days for further updates and if it doesn’t work a cleaninstallotion will be necessary. Unfortunately my backup is already two months old.

I’m not sure what your problem is but if it is the drivers for the NVIDIA GPU, as this thread is about, just go to the device manager, click on the Display Adaptor and select your GPU, double-click on it and select the Driver panel then click on Roll Back Driver.

Thank you so much for pointing that out. Yesterday I reset the graphics driver but without success. Ok I test it now with the current studio version.

Done and the same crash with nvidia v. 417.58 and Studio v1.14.3.
I think Studio V. 1.14.2 with nvidia 419.17 has destroyed something in the registry that can no longer be repaired. But maybe the Topaz team will find another possibility.

Download and install 418.81 and it should be OK. It is a issue with NVIDIA drivers.