Wounded "Wing"

I heard from @tennie that she had a fall and cracked her shoulder. She will be in a sling for 4 to 6 weeks and hopes to slowly return to posting.

Wishing her a speedy and pain free recovery!! :sunny:

@tennie

Oh my…that is not good news. Here’s to a speedy recovery and seeing Tennie back quickly.

2 Likes

Get better soon …

1 Like

@tennie
Get well soon!!!

1 Like

Commiserations. Hope you repair quickly.

1 Like

@Kathy_9 thank you for telling us this news
@tennie — GET WELL SOON - we miss you

2 Likes

@tennie Ouch!. Take care of yourself and get well soon. Glad you let us all know, @Kathy_9.

1 Like

Thanks @Kathy_9 for relaying the info about tennie. I was sorry to hear of her mishap and wish her a speedy recovery.

1 Like

Thanks @Kathy_9 and @tennie you will have lots of use for Topaz InFocus now you are using only one hand for photos … hopefully it isn’t the right side as there are NO left-handed cameras. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now there’s a mind pondering point if ever there was one. So that’s 10% of the population disadvantaged. Surely that’s discriminatory and must be contrary to the legislation in most civilized states. Why has no-one taken the likes of the great god Canon to task? Just checked with my left-handed daughter and she confirms that it is “more difficult” but she manages. She tells me that there is a device which does address the matter.

However this should be redressed IMMEDIATELY.
Would you guys read and disseminate the web reference I’ve added which refers to a petition and related matters?

1 Like

No way … left-handers can use phones :grimacing:

Maybe, but why should they conform to the “right” view of the world? (use of the pun intended for journalistic intent) I use both hands for different tasks but take photos “dexter” rather than “sinister”

1 Like

@tennie I hope you are well on the way to a full recovery. Hope to see you posting again soon.

Very sorry to hear that @tennie! I hope that it is not too painful and that you recover quickly!

Heal fast!

Thanks so much for the well wishes @Kathy_9 @ellemat2 @BobKramer @Laundromat @Mond @el48tel @Klaidlaw @cre8art @AiDon @john811 @KenKv @Michigander.

Doing better and can be in the house without the sling on (it’s so restricting!). Actually had little pain after the first couple of days. The pain killers I took for my back also helped the shoulder.

Went out walking most days, but without the camera. One location we seldom go to I grabbed my ‘car’ camera. Hadn’t realized how hard it was to use left handed, but got a couple of shots that turned out ok.

Actually had pretty good detail but I like to try to make things arty!

9 Likes

Super job!! So good to see you again. :smile:

2 Likes

Glad you are on the mend.

I think everyone should live a few days being left handed to get a feel for the little things that 10% of us put up with every day.
I have even lobbied Topaz to make the panels un-dockable ,like Adobe so we don’t have to cross over the screen every time to make an adjustment.

2 Likes

Glad to hear that you are making progress. The image is rather fine - it’s the guy/gal behind the camera not the camera - and they say that you should go out for a walk without the camera occasionally.

2 Likes

I really like the perspective on this and the treatment is just enough to enhance the appeal. Good to hear you are doing better tennie.

2 Likes