Creating shadows in Studio

Inspired by a question raised by @ellemat2, thought I would work out how it might be possible to create shadows in Studio.

Sorry there is no sound but I hope you can follow what I have done.

21 Likes

Great job Sharon…works just as I described. Saves me a lot of guesswork. Thank you so much. This is a keeper and should be pinned.

3 Likes

I’ll certainly give you kudos for creativity and a job well done. It would be nice if the program itself had a drop shadow feature. Hope the developers are listening. I can add a drop shadow in the blink of an eye with PSP.

1 Like

My thought as well. It’s not a problem when using it as a plug-in but the folks who rely on the Studio standalone need it.

2 Likes

Thank you Sharon. Will use it as a reference.

1 Like

Thanks so much Sharon!

1 Like

I agree with Kathy about adding a drop shadow feature to Studio. Your video was very helpful and I want to thank you for it and sharing it with us, but it is a bit time consuming and Topaz show offer a better alternative for applying them. It would also be nice to be able to alter the perspective.

They also need to add a dodge and burn tools… I use them quite frequently in my workflow.

2 Likes

I so want these options too. I have mentioned in comments about previous beta versions. I am hoping they are still on the list.

3 Likes

Good work Sharon, thank you! I would echo the comments re a drop shadow feature, that would be great in a number of applications. However, In your example 2, the feet don’t appear to be in contact with the ground. I tried to overcome this by adding a completely black layer instead of the cut out, reveal through layer mask by free hand (‘painting’ where I wanted the shadow to be visible) and then adding blur/reducing opacity as you showed us.

2 Likes

Thank you Sharon. Very nicely done. Easy to follow.

1 Like

This came out so well…you did a magnificent job.

1 Like