Facial Recognition/Recovery issue in Photoai 3.0

I am upscaling a few thousand family photos and recently upgraded to Topaz Photo AI 3.0. So far it’s been a hassle and has slowed down production to almost nothing. I’m having a weird issue with facial recovery, in past versions i would select “all faces” then apply to all photos, this would result in the app successfully recognizing faces and upscaling them.

in 3.0 it seems to be recognizing faces that aren’t there, almost always at the bottom of the photo in the shap of a large horizontal rectangle.

here is a photo that i use as my “pilot” - it detects 4 faces Imgur: The magic of the Internet

i then copy these settings that I like to all the photos in the batch

In this photo it says it detects 1 face, however there are 3 face boxes in the preview Imgur: The magic of the Internet

in this photo it says it detects ZERO faces, however there is a face detection box in the water Imgur: The magic of the Internet

these boxes show up in almost the same place when they do show up. I opened a ticket with Topaz who instructed me to use the "All " option, which I did. With the same result. I even tried selected only faces that are in the subject, and it does the same thing.

Would you mind sending in some more information to get a better understanding of the problem you are having with this particular type of image? Please send the following information:

1. The original image file.
  2. The processed image.
  3. A screenshot or description of the settings panel so I can see what adjustments were turned on.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Dropbox File Request

Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

hey John I sent the files with instructions on how to recreate.

| john.topazlabs John S
April 18 |

• | - |

Would you mind sending in some more information to get a better understanding of the problem you are having with this particular type of image? Please send the following information:

2. The processed image.
  3. A screenshot or description of the settings panel so I can see what adjustments were turned on.

Dropbox File Request

Hey john I uploaded one more screenshot, I loaded both pics, but went to Pic 1 first, it’s correctly detecting 1 face, but also has 2 greyed out rectangles on the bottom. Whenever they show up they always seem to be around the same spot. Bottom cornerish

hey John I sent the files with instructions on how to recreate.

| john.topazlabs John S
April 18 |

• | - |

2. The processed image.

Dropbox File Request