Gigapixel 7 Installed but not opening

Same here. I have completely uninstalled it and am re-installing 6.3.3. In case you need a download, here is a link: Gigapixel AI v6.3 - Updated upscaling models, better artifact removal control, and lots of performance/stability improvements
Unfortunately this is not the first time that TOPAZ have released a buggy software version that does NOTHING. In future I will wait with updates.

1 Like

Hi Rudiger,
Thank you for your reply. But it doesn’t work for me, the link shows only the new version 7.0.0.

You will find a link to 6.3.3 here. Note that only SOME PC users are experiencing issues with v7.0.0. It works perfectly on my Mac.

1 Like

I had the same problem and after contacting Topaz support this is what worked for me. Hopefully Topaz will fix the Gigapixel 7 installer to perform all the necessary actions:

1. Un-install
  • Go to C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC and delete Gigapixel AI folder if there is one
  • Go to C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC and delete Gigapixel AI folder if there is one
  1. Open the program RegEdit from your Start menu explorer and delete the registry entries of Topaz Gigapixel AI, if there are still any, in:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Gigapixel AI
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Gigapixel AI

2. Re-install with Gigapixel 7.

• Download the software from: Topaz Labs Download Page
  • Reboot your computer. Install the program without any other applications running
  • Open the program as a standalone first to make sure it’s working for you

Marty

3 Likes

@AiDon is correct, this issue only affects those of us who had previous Gigapixel versions installed. While this is a frustrating issue, it is one we did not encounter during testing and we are still working to understand the specifics behind the issue.

Did the steps provided solve this issue for you?

I am having the same issue. I have plenty of graphics memory as this machine is used daily for graphic design and videography. I have tried opening regularly, as administrator and through PS. It just simply refuses to open. I also have all of my software and drivers updated.

This is a known issue for our Windows users. Would you mind sending my your system profile so I can better understand the conflict?

How To Obtain Your System Profile (Windows)
How To Obtain Your System Profile (Mac)

Ok, now it’s going according to your instructions

ida.topazlabs,

Considering all the problems that have been reported, I would prefer to know what the problem is and have an official fixed update release from Topaz.

Regarding your statement that this “only affects those of us who had previous Gigapixel versions installed,” as I suggested above, this has to be the standard installation scenario for all previous GP users and therefore the vast majority of those installing 7.0.0, correct?

Just downloaded the new Gigapixel 7 and it will not open. I uninstalled the original and rebooted, then downloaded G7 and rebooted again but still would not open. I have several Topaz programs old and new and everyone opens without an issue. It downloaded and installed without a hitch and the full program size is showing in Windows control panel - any idea as to why this is happening?

1 Like

wrong forum m8 :slight_smile:
Here you go (you should post there):

Oops…sorry!! Thanks for pointing it out
Topaz have actually responded and fixed the issue

Thanks again

Nigel

I am glad to hear… take care love.

Hi @marty_sp , thank you so much for your reply.
The steps you outlined worked on my machine.
Appreciate the quick and effective response.

Thanks. After following steps (removing folder and deleting Registry entries I tried running the installer & got the unistall, repair etc options - I chose the uninstal then ran the installer fresh & installation occurred with full functionality.

I have previously tried this with no luck, but chose to try again - still no luck. Gigapixel v7.0.0 will not load. It doesn’t even show up as a running app in Task Manager.

Same here. Updated first. Seemed to install, but would not run. I downloaded from my products page. Ran that and tried “repair.” Wouldn’t repair, so I removed gigapixel, then reinstalled from the download. Still will not run.

Hi Ray,
Thank you. This version works for me.
And yes I’m a PC windows 10 owner.
I will wait a few weeks before installing v7.0.0. I hope they repair the bugs in mean time.

1 Like

I, along with everyone else it seems, have the same problem. I did as instructed by manually deleting the Gigapixel folders, reboot and download a new copy of the install program and it finally worked. I am very annoyed at Topaz for not working this out before releasing it. Some people are not computer savvy and will be totally lost doing these steps. Shame on Topaz. I have some serious thoughts about ever upgrading one of their other programs again.

Interesting - I have had similar issues with various Photo AI updates, but the new versions come frequently enough such that I get working installations soon after. I’ve never had to really worry about it. I do, however, prefer the performance of Topaz’s Sharpen and Gigapixel to that of Photo AI. I am hopeful a Gigapixel update (7.0.1?) comes along soon.