Studio screen presentation is way too big

Version 1.5.2 running on Windows 10 is too large for my Dell 21" monitor. There are only a few of the tabs showing in the top bar, and the presentation cannot be dragged either way. The Studio program is currently useless. I uninstalled Studio and reinstalled it. There was no change. What is the solution?

1 Like

I had this problem - it rendered Studio useless on my screen. To be able to see all the screens I have had to reduce the resident size on the Windows settings. This also then makes all the other software unreadable as it is too small. However I a told that for the time being making the different screens resizable is not on the ‘To Do’ list. I have managed to find a workaround - but it very much depends on how much time you are prepared to put in to get everything balanced. (My thoughts - not Topaz’s thoughts. except for the sentence in Italics).

Wow. They really messed this up. I cannot get a reply from Topaz - as yet.

Also, why aren’t they being flooded with complaints?

My guess is most folks aren’t experiencing this problem. I have a 20" monitor running Win 10 and have no problem with v1.5.2. I can resize, drag, minimize, etc. as I wish. It also works fine on my very old Dell 15" monitor.

Can you get your mouse of any part of the top bar, like the empty area higher up than the menu labels? If so, right-click in that area. You should get a pop-up menu for sizing and moving the window. If you can use that to correct the issue, exit and rerun to see if it remembers. I’ve sometimes been able to correct similar issues due to Window’s confusion with dual monitors.

Best regards

1 Like

That is incorrect as the quote from Topaz is:

“We have tasks to improve scaling, and they’ll take a bit of time to implement. The issue is related to the size, resolution, and scaling value in your environment. If you have a 4k screen, that’s only 13 inches, and it’s scaling at 100%, with the native resolution, things will be TINY. There are a number of configurations that must be tested and accounted for, so the fix here won’t come quickly.”

Please note that the person making these statements is NOT a Topaz employee and that each person with an issue should raise a Technical Support request as you are likely to get a solution or truthful response.

Responses may take longer than the normal 2 days as they are still pushing through a large volume of support tickets.

Please provide information that informs on the following:

• Screen scaling value (100%, 150%, 200%, etc)
  • Screen resolution (1080p, 2160, 4k, 8k, etc)
  • A screenshot! (Win + PrntScrn)

Thanks

Joe. 1080p scale 175% Screen shot later if needed. I changed the scale from 175% to 150%. That gave me Studio in full screen, but the font is very small, difficult to read. Can the menu font be enlarged without enlarging the screen view?

This is a copy of the wording in an email to me from Joe Fredric …

We do not have any immediate plans to make the side panels adjustable. That wouldn’t solve your problem, anyways. The issue here is related to application display scaling in Windows. Many application developers struggle to find the correct balance with various display sizes in Windows, because there are so many, and Microsoft did a poor job at implementing scaling for applications. We are doing our best to make sure the application works on as many machines as possible, but we’ll never get 100% coverage

and in a further email

Again, please note, we only support the recommended scaling value at the present time.

As I pointed out to Joe at the time reducing the scaling in Windows in order for the screen of Studio to be visible meant that all other programmes were too small to read. including the whole of the internet… Some programmes will allow me to increase their size but others won’t and Photoshop is extremely difficult to read - the text on PS has always been too small!

That is not what you said and that was about side panels.

So next time, quote correctly thanks.

I am confused with the replies. What is the answer/solution?

Try restarting after changing the scaling. Windows does not handle application scaling very well (unlike Mac), so restarts are often necessary to see the full change.

I have reset my Windows scaling to 125% and then I have increased the font size for ALL the icons within Windows as otherwise I couldn’t read them. Other software I use I have tried to increase the scaling individually for them and the internet pages I have increased to around 120% - this last is the easiest as most pages respond to the Ctrl+ shortcut. Some don’t however and they do remain a problem. Hope this helps.

Same problem here, I’m on Win 10 and use a three monitor setup with 2 large 23 inch monitors and my Dell laptop as the third. When displayed on the large monitors the scaling of the screen is so large it overflows off the monitor.

I tried moving the window to my laptop screen and sizing it down before dragging it back over which works with every other program I have ever seen this issue with, but evidently Topaz Remask limits the minimum size of the window because I can’t resize it small enough to not overlap when I drag it back over.

Microsoft Windows provides multiple display style options on how the desktop screen is displayed across multiple monitors that are connected to your PC.

PC Screen only - Use only display 1 and show nothing on display 2. The second monitor is ignored and only the primary monitor is used.

Duplicate (also called Clone mode) - Show the entire desktop on both displays. The second or other monitors mirror the primary monitor.

Extend - Stretch the desktop across the two displays. The desktop screen of your PC is extended across all the detected monitors and allows you to have a desktop screen that spans across all monitors.

Second Screen only - Use only display 2 and show nothing on display 1. The primary monitor will be disabled and only the second monitor will be used.

Duplicate is the default, switch to extend.

Try changing the scaling values on your external monitors to 100%. It looks like you might be using 200% or 300%.

My External monitors aren’t set to scale, it’s only this program that has this issue. The problem is that the ReMask program itself will not allow the window to be minimized past a certain point, even on my laptop monitor at a certain point the ability to reduce the size of the window hits a limit. And unforunately at 100% scale on the larger monitor that size is still larger than I can fully see. It will never get any smaller than this

If this were a cheap or free program I wouldn’t complain but I paid a fare amount for it and I just wish it would function correction.

Most of our products have an enforced minimum window size. Do you have a reason for wanting to reduce the size of the window to less than the limit imposed?