Topaz Photo AI v2.4.2

G’day!

This week we have changes to support processing the entire enhancement stack as requested by many users. There is now an enable/disable toggle to view your image without specific enhancements and processing will always be completed with all enabled enhancements in the right sidebar. This release also includes significant improvements to large batch uploads - testing from my machine found the time required for importing 100k images drop from 4 minutes to 30 seconds. Additionally, we have added fixes around the app, including a fix for in-app installers not working on Windows machines when the same version exists in the TEMP folder.

As always, a full change log is below.

Please give us any feedback or report issues with this release. We’ll be updating TPAI regularly to address those pieces of feedback and issue reports. If there’s a specific image you’d like us to see, you can send it us at this dropbox link.

v2.4.2
Released March 28th, 2024
Mac: Download
Windows: Download

Changes since 2.4.1

• Added enable/disable toggles for enhancements
  • Added processing for entire enhancement history
  • Added preference for adjusting preview area when upscaling
  • Added support for exporting images from Fuji X100VI cameras
  • Improved large batch upload speeds significantly
  • Fixed in-app installer not working on Windows
  • Fixed crashing occurring at the end of exports
  • Fixed issues when using “Apply Current Settings” with Upscale
  • Fixed broken Help Guide link on welcome screen
  • Fixed plugin dimensions dialog showing incorrect data
  • Fixed right click menu redirecting to wrong preference page
  • Automatic Lensfun Update
10 Likes

Now, that 2.4.2 is out, still NO CAPTURE ONE PLUGINS AVAILABLE!

Thanks for the update. Could you please clarify status of these items:

1. Has the tiling issue that resurfaced recently been fixed?
  2. Is the issue with Nikon Z8 NEF files fixed?
1 Like

Finally I fixed it by using version 2.4.0 of the Capture One plugin and copying it into the plugins folder and editing the xml-file.

Here are the necessary steps:

1. Install version 2.4.0 of Topaz Photo AI.
  2. Copy the folder “com.topazlabs.TopazPhotoAI” from “C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Photo AI” into a temporary folder
  3. Open the file “manifest.xml” using a text editor like notepad++
  4. Change the line 2.4.0 into 2.4.2
    (The version has to be the version of the installed Topaz Photo AI installation
  5. Install Topaz Photo AI version 2.4.2 on your machine
  6. Copy the whole content of the folder “com.topazlabs.TopazPhotoAI” into the coresponding folders located in "C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Photo AI" and "C:\Users%user%\AppData\Local\CaptureOne\Plugins", where %user% is your Windows user name.

Now start Capture One and check, if the plugin is available again and the “edit with” context menu option is working.

Everyone should be happy with enable/disable toggles, next we need that floating panel to be docked at the bottom of the right panel fully opened.

5 Likes

Ran the update through the Topaz application and it updated as designed.

Microsoft Windows 11 Home
Version: 10.0.22631 Build 22631
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G with Radeon Graphics, 3800 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Physical Memory (RAM): 32.0 GB

Tested each of the functions and they all worked as expected without errors and the autopilot had decent balance for each adjustment layer. Each adjustment panel docked nicely on the side panel and the ability to toggle a layer on/off work as designed. Very Nice!

I used the application through PS, Lightroom and standalone, each performed real well with virtually no lag in processing times.

Jay, personally I prefer the add adjustment window opening/floating off of the docked layers/panels. It allows you to view what is in your adjustment stack while you add additional layers. Personal preference but I do like the way the team designed this element.

Very nice Topaz Team! The efforts are appreciated and the workflow is very nice.

7 Likes

Have you fixed the issues from the last several updates wherein face recovery yields unusably soft results, and does not get all the hair and neck either?

3 Likes

Why? Just move it to where YOU want it and it will stay there. Even after this update, mine is still on the right!

Very happy to see this option added!

2 Likes

The tiles or squares happen no matter what model or with the lowest settings, everything down to a minimum. Now I just tried 2.4.2 where they claim you can enable/disable everything. I guess they didn’t mean the RAW Denoise at the very beginning, stage 1. Once again, TOTALLY UNUSABLE!!! Way too many artifacts to use even turned down all the way. I can’t believe this isn’t more of an issue! I’ve loved these plug-ins, but the direction they’re going is totally brain dead consumer garbage! Definitely won’t be paying for upgrades. Time to look elsewhere?!?!

5 Likes

Hey Van, just curious what is your system config and OS?

Has the option to opt-out of uploading our images been put back into the program?

1 Like

I am on Mac its always cover enhancement .it would be nice if its open at the bottom of the right panel
(empty space ) fully opened.

I have removed Photo 2.4.2 and Gigapixel 7.0whatever, the latest, I don’t care anymore. I am reinstalling what I had before, although I know that the older Gigapixel doesn’t support the raw CR3 files from my Canon R6 Mark II, which has been out for over a year now. Y’all are missing the mark, discouraging loyal customers, and making us waste time on endless testing with fruitless results. PLEASE listen to us. Face Recovery, Sharpen, and other features are broken, not to mention the new layout, which is a disaster. I want to see ALL my applied settings AT ONCE as we used to be able to do! WHY did you change it? And you restored some prior features like it was a big deal in customer satisfaction to do so.

17 Likes

Moving and docking are two different things. The righthand panel items should snap in place as they do in Photoshop. And I think that folks here should be able to express their desires for the application without being naysaid. We are glad you like the interface. Many of us don’t. Plus, the panels should all stay open at once, revealing every setting at once, like they used to in olden times.

12 Likes

I agree, we should have true docking of the panels with all exposed at once so we can see all settings at once.

10 Likes

Can you show Noise and Sharpen settings at the same time?

2 Likes

You can please some people some of the time but… you can’t please all people all of the time.

No.
For me, I guess that’s not an issue. I can see that it might be for others. Perhaps you could explain what the advantage would be!
(Before TPAI was released, DeNoise and Sharpen were separate programmes and you had to run one before the other.)