**WARNING** Update with care - NVIDIA Drivers to version 419.17/419.35

I am using Same Driver.

Still happening with version 419.67 nvidia laptop versions of the GTX 1050ti. Sadly, when you do a clean install of the driver you canā€™t roll back and there are some issues installing an older version of the driver.

BTW, Iā€™m using the Creator Ready Drivers (ironically tagged ā€œCRDā€ by nvidia).

1 Like

Iā€™m using a Mac and every time I try to open or drag a file to Gigapixel AI it crashes. It only did this after I updated. I did a clean install on the previous version and now it wonā€™t work eitherā€¦

How do you get and install drivers anyway?

You must do a clean install for previous drivers ā€¦ 418.81 is stable and it can be found at the GEFORCE driver list on the NVIDIA web site.

From the NVIDIA web site for Windows. For Mac it is handled by macos updates.

@AiDon is there any reason to update when it seems to be working without having any issues?

Certainly not, if it is working ok for you then there is no need to revert.

2 Likes

I have the GTX 1050, as well, and what I ended up doing was changing the default vram. Running as admin didnā€™t help, but making the switch seemed to. Thereā€™s possibly a database corruption, so that can be reset. I havenā€™t had to go that route, yet, but at least thereā€™s a solution for me. Maybe it will help others. Thanks to Ashley Tharp for the tips.

thanks all for the great suggestions. After trying everything, deleting the drivers fixed it for me (GTX960M). I reverted to the original drivers from 2016, and everything worked great. On 418.81, everything is still working. I donā€™t update to a newer version.

1 Like

It seems that all the issues with dialogs are corrected in Drivers Version 430.39, as the Creator Edition is not yet available I have only tested the Game Ready Driver and all of the products are OK for using the File Open dialog except there are still issues with the menus not showing for Sharpen AI unless you move over where the menu is supposed to be.

@russelltarpley you may want to pass this on.

It crashes constantly on me now.

Have you updated your NVIDIA drivers to the latest from the NVIDIA web site. The latest version is v430.64 and that works fine.

I tried, but got an error message saying it is not compatible with my version of windows. The graphics driver could not find a compatible graphics hardware.

What GPU is installed on your PC, if you donā€™t know type dxdiag in the search box, run that command and save the information to a text file using the save all information box and post it here so I can have a look at your configuration.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire GX-785
BIOS: R02-B1 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Coreā„¢ i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32708MB RAM
Page File: 7185MB used, 30386MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.17763.0001 64bit Uni

Please save the DxDiag output as you still havenā€™t told me what GPU you are using. You can then upload it using the PC with Up-Arrow symbol when you add a reply.

I believe the 785 uses a Nvidia GTX 1060 so if you search for drivers for that model you will find the latest on the NVIDIA web site.

Topaz suggested I update my Nvidia drivers to the new 419.67 ones and it started ok but it started crashing today. Iā€™m thinking of reinstalling the drivers again but do I have to reinstall all of them?
The Jpeg-Raw is usually the one that starts to mess up first then all of them are crashing when I try to open imagesā€¦

Iā€™ve done a clean install of the new drivers, but for me Topaz crashes about 70% of the time. No error, it just shuts down. Did this on my last laptop, different graphics card. Studio opens fine, but if I click on any adjustment, maybe it runs, but more likely Topaz just shuts down. Doesnā€™t seem to matter which adjustment.

That version is very old now. Check on the NVIDIA website for the latest version for your GPU model and install the game ready driver, not the creator version, as it has less issues.

It is also very important to keep your driverā€™s updated.